+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Cat in the bed - is this wrong?

Well, I met up with a friend today and we got to discussing sleep. She made mention of the fact that my DS is a great sleeper and I said something along the lines of 'yes but the damn cat keeps me awake some nights'. She was horrified, and I mean horrified that our cat sleeps on (and most night in) our bed.

We have had numerous cats over the years, all bed sharers, is this totally weird??

munchkin05 is offline just me, my boy and my baby bump
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    don't think its weird at all and I have the same problem sometimes it's the cat that wakes me some nights it's the dog lol
    As I write this I have a snoring dog and cat fast asleep on my bed

Our animals have always been an always will be part of our family .. I wouldn't let my kids sleep outside so why should my fur kids

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to munchkin05 For This Useful Post:

austmum  (26-07-2012),Cazza1981  (27-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hmm, I know people can be funny about dogs in the bed, but most people I have come accross expect that a cat will be in a bed, and only take issue with a cat in the room with a baby under 2. I just looked in my room to find a child, a cat, and a dog all on my bed. Not sure where I fit in considering the various positions they are in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Nope i dont think its weird. I actually think it cam be comforting to have an animal share your bed.

When.our dog stays over, she is up sharing my pillow so between her and coop i may as well sleep elsewhere as they are bed hogs

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not weird at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think it's odd lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    ive had cats my whole life and all my cats have always slept on the bed... for me its very normal.

up until i was about 8 months pregnant, our dog (a 40kg Hungarian vizsla) slept on our bed!! he was evicted though because he was the biggest bed hog (and had to be under the covers with his head on a pillow) LOL

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its not for me. I don't mind an animal in the same room but sharing a bed grosses me out a bit. Doesn't bother me if other people do it but I won't ever - i like my bed human scented!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My cats sleep on my bed whenever they want...same with DS bed. In fact our kitten (now 5months old) goes crazy meowing when DS isnt home and in his bed at night. The kitten doesnt know where to go for a snuggle Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm with you Jess. Although I hide behind my allergies, I'm allergic to animal fur, so our dog stays outside. My mum sleeps with her 3 old doggies, I think it's gross but she loves them!

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)