+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Try not to let your husbands expectations bother you. It'll take as long as it takes to settle Bub back into his routine.

I hope he goes back to 'normal' for you quickly!

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Going against the grain... I travelled a lot with small babies (we still travel now - 14 hour time difference every 6+ months). We generally went with whatever the babies/kids needed for the first few days, then after a few days, really when I thought I would cope with up and down all night, and being awake during the day, I would start to make the routine again (I.e pjs at 7, nighttime til 7am, if awake that's ok but just reading books or sitting quietly in bed. Often I would put a mattress in their rooms and we would hang in semi darkness. Then after another few days that would have to stop too - otherwise I find that they just think that is the new normal routine. We never had too much trouble - but I did at times like you have to say sorry but that's it it's bedtime and let them fall asleep alone. I do find that it can take up to a month to be fully back in the 'normal' routine, but you just chip away at it. I think you use the rule of a day per hour time difference.
    Last edited by Hannahly; 11-12-2011 at 08:04.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Omg every time we travel overseas or interstate we have had the exact same problem with Dd who is now three. It has been torture every time trying to get her back into routine. I think it's best to be calm, gentle but firm from day one that you are back or they get a mixed message. I think you are doing the right thing. You are not mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app