+ Reply to Thread
    LachlansMun is offline http://www.lifebehindthelines.bl ogspot.com/
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Any Bipolar mums out there?

I've suffered with bouts of depression and anxiety for years as well as spent most of my childhood being medicated for ADHD. Only recently have I been given the Bipolar II diagnosis.

It began with a massive depressive episode, followed by an anti-depressent induced manic episode then quickly by another depressive episode where I overdosed and ended up in hospital. Since July I have been "rapid cycling" and having lots of depressive episodes. I spent a few days in hospital again not long ago becaue I was having suicidal thoughts, drinking, self medicating with codeine and refusing to take my medication.

I ahte taking the medication and only do it because I see no other option. I'm currently on Lexapro and Seroquel. Have also taken Lithium, Effexor, Temazepan and Avanza recently too.

Would love to know I'm not alone out there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's nice to know that I'm not alone with struggling with my mental health while trying to raise a family. My mother has Borderline Personality.

I'm just trying to pull myself out of this depressive slump once and for all. I'm currently taking Sreoquel XR 200mg at night and Lexapro 20mg in the morning. It doesn't seem to be enough so far.

CallaLilly is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011 - Funniest Member Award
    Donnybrook, WA (aka the middle of nowhere)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh hun you're soo not alone- I swear I'm the poster child for Bi-polar. I was diagnosed with depression when I was 12 and rediagnosed as bipolar at 15.
    Every day is a struggle, and I've felt so alone for a long long time. It's only of late that I feel like I'm one of many going through this or something like this, instead of being me, the freak, not being able to do the things that everyone else seems to be able do so easily.

I feel like a recruitment officer, but perhaps you would be interested in the private discussion area in this forum? And you too Awesomesauce (love the name btw)- it's full of lovely ladies and one lovely gentleman who are all struggling with depression in it's various forms (including yours truly.)
    There's no judgement, no criticism, just tons of support and caring advice. I swear it's helped me so so much (it's the reason I feel not so alone, as mentioned above.)

Either way, giant to you, and feel free to PM me anytime. You're doing great

Thanks
    Reviews
    Private discussion area? Sounds like somewhere I'd like to hang

CallaLilly is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011 - Funniest Member Award
    Donnybrook, WA (aka the middle of nowhere)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh we're very exclusive, that's why we're all awesome in there

PM MumInMind and she'll sort you out. I don't have the power because I'm a shady character

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CallaLilly For This Useful Post:

Awesomesauce  (16-12-2011),LachlansMun  (16-12-2011)