+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Meals for 8 month old

Hi

I am wondering wether I am feeding DS the right kind of meals. he has mainly pureed veg for lunch and dinner, I ahev given chicken and also fish and also small pieces of pasta. He eats a lot of fruits and eats nearly a whole banana by just biting and chewing (no mashing required lol).

What do you feed your 8 month old, should I be giving him more 'meals' by that I mean advancing from pureed veg and chicken things like mince?

Any advice welcomed.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi
    Is there a reason you've stuck to puréed foods? Maybe try giving him some soft hand held foods? Cheese sticks (if dairy isn't an issue for your family) peeled cucumber sticks used to be a favorite
    Otherwise I'd suggest progressing him as he shows more interest in different textures and flavours

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry i didn't explain that too well. Yes he has cheese sticks, fruit chunks etc as snacks. Never turns anything down and lives everything i have given him so far. I was wondering what other people are giving there 8 month old for dinner as the main meal. Just things like Veg and chicken pureed or are you adding gravy etc

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'd stay away from gravy as its high in salt. I'd be just offering smooshier versions of what your having though, like yeah bits of chicken, sticks of well cooked or mushed veggies, rice, pasta etc but I'd stay away from packaged flavorings and stick to basic foods.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I gave them bits of whatever I had does he have teeth? Is there a reason he can't just have steamed (so soft) vegetables with some gravy on it? Mashed potato? Or chicken strips ( just tenderloins boiled or baked and cut into easy pieces) if purées maybe just the meat? And he can work towards chewing and self feeding?

Eta: cheese sauce also works well to dip and if you make the gravy without gravox it doesn't have to be super high in salt

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, so far he hasn't had anything like gravy due to salt etc and i have home made everything he has eaten.

Yes he has 6 teeth and is biting and chewing fruit really well... Just seems a bit scary giving him dinner that way lol he's growing up too quickly!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    They all grow up sometime and it's important to let them learn to feed themselves

Gravy doesn't have to be what we understand as gravy but something to dip and add a different glacier they usually really enjoy if going for stuff like that definitely home make or there will be LOTS of salt and preservatives :s (I wish baby food wasn't like that) there should be some good recipes online though