+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaBleech View Post
    We did everything on the cheap because I'm not much of a consumer. We spent ages researching and looking at options and bought a Mountain Buggy Swift because it was light, small and super easy to 'drive'. We took my sisters cot suite and thank god we did because DD has never slept a night in it! We didn't scrimp on car seat but didn't get one with bells and whistles (or Ipod docks) either. We can afford the 'stuff' but frankly, I have boobs and a bed and there isn't much more a baby needs.
    Ok this is a silly question but what does a toddler use an iPod dock for in their seat? Is it for music or connecting a DVD or something? And wouldn't it interfere with any music you're listening to in the main part of the car?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have a Phil & teds buggy sits 2. I go running with the girls in there. Best $ we spent and will get use out of now with baby no 3. May have to get new tires though as I love walking offroad ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app - sorry for typos :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I didn't realise a P&T was considered to not be quality?

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaBleech View Post
    We did everything on the cheap because I'm not much of a consumer. We spent ages researching and looking at options and bought a Mountain Buggy Swift because it was light, small and super easy to 'drive'. We took my sisters cot suite and thank god we did because DD has never slept a night in it! We didn't scrimp on car seat but didn't get one with bells and whistles (or Ipod docks) either. We can afford the 'stuff' but frankly, I have boobs and a bed and there isn't much more a baby needs.
    ^ This!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Thats the majority of what I've heard but the one I'm getting I'm not sure of as once baby grows out of the bassinet attachment the stroller can't be laid down too much at all so I'm not sure what to do in that in-between time. Little annoying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
    Ok this is a silly question but what does a toddler use an iPod dock for in their seat? Is it for music or connecting a DVD or something? And wouldn't it interfere with any music you're listening to in the main part of the car?
    My kids can use an iPod touch/ iPhone and we have them (for adults) the speakers are right next to them so they can have it quiet and hear it and I barely do. It's also compatible with just normal mp3 players for just music if you would rather they not have iPod for movies/ games on long drives through no signal areas it can be a lifesaver car charger fixes the battery issues and it's so nice for them to just be quiet and focused they don't really use it in normal day to day trips though as there isn't much point for 15 min trip to the shops iykwim and it wasn't something I deliberately looked for it just came with the seats we had chosen for them

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love my Phil and Teds. I still use it on long walks and DS is three. I consider them quality and I don't consider them cheap. I got my cot second hand on eBay and it was fantastic.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

jenrose  (11-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    We got one of the earlier models as an end of line sale and was told by a friend that under$400 was too cheap that you need to spend $800 plus for a decent one?!??? Some friend!!!! NOT!!! lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CrissyG View Post
    We got one of the earlier models as an end of line sale and was told by a friend that under$400 was too cheap that you need to spend $800 plus for a decent one?!??? Some friend!!!! NOT!!! lol
    I got mine for $100 secondhand, but we were looking at almost $800 for a new one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I brought P&T dash for just over $900 2 years ago that was with the 2nd seat... I didn't like that both seats couldn't lay down at the same time so went and bought a strider plus as they both could lay down together of need be.. It was about $300 cheaper but as much as I love it I think the p&t was better "quality" as such. P&Ts are much better off road than the strider too but in saying that I love my strider and will use it with next bubby too!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub