+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Ugh wish I bought quality!

Well I thought I was but getting a good price too! Turns out the cot is pretty average, wish I bought boori
    :-( also I SO should have got the strider plus instead of going cheaper! I don't know why I did, I think I thought that baby didn't need such expensive things as he's a baby but turns out that the more pricey the better value quality! I can afford it too which makes it even worse!!!!

Anyone else done the same or regretted purchases for babies?!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, I learnt after bub #1 that quality is worth it with babies - esp if you plan on having more kids!

I love my strider plus - i used it with #2 (as a toddler) and #3 (as a bub) and will be using it again with #3 as a toddler and #4 as a bub... sooo worth the price (since i went through about 6 prams with the first 2 kids!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crap! I think I might sell mine on Gumtree and not even get it out the box. It is a Phil&Teds smart buggy with peanut bassinet and some accessories. Prob get 300 for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    have you done a test run with the striders? they're massively wide! im actually not keen on them. i had a p&t sports for my younger ones and a mountain buggy urban elite double - which i LOVE and swear was the best pram ever. i would choose MB's over any other brand

Thanks
    Reviews
    No haven't tested one :-/

I'll google that mb one, thanks ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not me, our pram was $150 and will be used for this bub as well, it is compact, light and has everything we need. Our cot was $100 half price, is beautiful white timber converts to toddler bed DD has just finished with it and bub will use it when born, it still looks new. I dont believe that you need to buy expensive to get quality. I could afford it but rather spend money elsewhere. Everyone is different and as long as your baby items function how you like them that is all that matters.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (10-12-2011),LoveLivesHere  (11-12-2011),Mod-SammiAnn  (11-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did everything on the cheap because I'm not much of a consumer. We spent ages researching and looking at options and bought a Mountain Buggy Swift because it was light, small and super easy to 'drive'. We took my sisters cot suite and thank god we did because DD has never slept a night in it! We didn't scrimp on car seat but didn't get one with bells and whistles (or Ipod docks) either. We can afford the 'stuff' but frankly, I have boobs and a bed and there isn't much more a baby needs.

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MamaBleech For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (11-12-2011),Bubbles10  (10-12-2011),Chew the Mintie  (11-12-2011),Janesmum123  (11-12-2011),LoveLivesHere  (11-12-2011),Me&MrMagoo  (11-12-2011),Witwicky  (11-12-2011),wrena  (10-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaBleech View Post
    We did everything on the cheap because I'm not much of a consumer. We spent ages researching and looking at options and bought a Mountain Buggy Swift because it was light, small and super easy to 'drive'. We took my sisters cot suite and thank god we did because DD has never slept a night in it! We didn't scrimp on car seat but didn't get one with bells and whistles (or Ipod docks) either. We can afford the 'stuff' but frankly,

** I have boobs and a bed and there isn't much more a baby needs. **
    That's my approach too though my toddlers have iPod compatable seats lifesaver on long road trips

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish we had taken more time and consideration when we purchased our pram. It was fairly cheap and not really that user friendly. We have just found out that we are expecting bub #2 and will have to upgrade to a pram that will take 2. Needless to say we will spend more time researching this time!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaBleech View Post
    We did everything on the cheap because I'm not much of a consumer. We spent ages researching and looking at options and bought a Mountain Buggy Swift because it was light, small and super easy to 'drive'. We took my sisters cot suite and thank god we did because DD has never slept a night in it! We didn't scrimp on car seat but didn't get one with bells and whistles (or Ipod docks) either. We can afford the 'stuff' but frankly, I have boobs and a bed and there isn't much more a baby needs.
    Yup this is us ... I wish I'd never got the cot coz he's never used it ... I'm selling it soon as we definitely won't use it for number 2 ...

There is so much faff you can get caught up buying for babies that never gets used!

*** end of transmission ***