+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Who is preggers & getting a period?

I am probably worrying for nothing. I am Just having what looks like a normal period, not as heavy as it usually is. With slight clotting. I told my doc she said that is nothing to worry about, is anyone else having the same problem or has had it. I searched google and saw other stories, that this can be normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, my mum had periods for the first three months with all four of her kids. Me being one of them can let you know we all turned out fine! goodluck! xo

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dedee For This Useful Post:

ls23  (13-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It can be totally normal. I get mine but it's either just really really light like spotting pink for a few days or I get gushes of blood which is way more heavy then my normal period (runs down my legs even with a large pad in) and it lasts for a day or so getting a few gushes a day, I also had lots of large clots in it... I got a huge clot at 14 weeks n thought it was the baby was horrible. The docs told us 3 times that going by the amount of blood I had lost I had lost our baby and they wouldn't even do a scan cos they said there was no point the baby wouldnt be there... Turns out I have a bicornate uterus sp?? Meaning my uterus is the shape of a love heart, looks pretty kool Auctually haha. Anyway the baby was on one side and the other side keep having regular periods for the first 4-5 months of pregnancy. I haven't had as much bleeding this time but im only 8 1/2 weeks. As hard as it is try not to stress too much as no matter how much blood you do lose it don't always mean the worst but you should still see a doc if you are worried but demand a scan don't go by their guessing. Good luck I hope you have a nice long trouble free pregnancy xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Winterbubs1012 For This Useful Post:

ls23  (13-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, thanks for sharing.
    I worried having the amount of blood I had, I kept getting told that it could lead to losing the baby & trying not to even think that way. I been told, that many first timers do lose the baby. I guess, I will end up being a bit of a worry wart, seeing it is my first pregnancy. Not sure what to expect. Sounds pretty bad what the doctor said good on going with your gut feeling. Thanks guys for your reply, has eased my mind a bit more

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With DD i didnt find out i was pregnant till i was 13 weeks because i still had my "period" it was lighter then normal but it was still there. The doctor thought it must of been an eptopic pregnancy or something and sent me for an ultrasound only to find out im 13 weeks pregnant with a perfectly healthy baby.

The "period" stopped sometime in the second trimester. My mum had the same thing happen to her with her first. She didnt find out till 10 weeks because she still had bleeding, she thought she had a tummy bug.