+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default am i crazy to consider doing this?

i really want to see Breaking Dawn at the movies but would need to take DS 9 months with me. the nearest cinema is 1 1/2 hrs away, they a mum and bubs session on wednesday mornings but DS wants to see it with me and can only on a weekend. im thinking of going tomorrow, prob in the morning (if we get there that early) but am worried that DS will be noisy/unsettled and annoy the other veiwers. im not sure he would sleep because he should sleep all the way in the car.would you go if you were me? do you think there will be many people there? if you were in a cinema would a little kid making a noise annoy you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'f it was a mums and bubs session then there would be other mums there as well with potentially noisy babies.
    I've seen breaking dawn and I personally wouldn't take a child to see it as some scenes can be pretty graphic and full on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah I'd be ****ed if I paid and got interrupted by a kid. There's a time and place and a weekend session isn't it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    yeah I'd wait and see If you could attend another mums n bibs one or get someone to watch your Ds because I imagine many people would be angry if a child started crying when they paid $15 for a ticket

also the sound is quite loud in normal movies for kids rather than quieter and lighter in the mums n buns sessions

Thanks
    Reviews
    well i guess i cant see it then

theres noone who can look after DS, the mum and bubs session this week isnt Breaking Dawn, and i dont think it will still be on for a later session (they usually have a 'new' movie for it). its not like i would stay in the theatre if DS got upset.

i thought being an early morning session, there wouldnt be many people there esp as its been out for a while.
    Last edited by Mopoke; 10-12-2011 at 17:07. Reason: hadnt finished typing, stupid computer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Is your DS breastfed? I've got a couple of friends that both took their DS's to the movies as babies. If they started to make noise they would just shove a boob in their DS's mouths. They never had any problems or any complaints about taking their kids into regular movies.

Is your DS generally a good baby? Does he settle easy? I think you could get away with it. If he starts to cry and you can't calm him down just make sure you are sitting close to the exit so you can make a quick dash outside, settle him and come back to the movie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes. a baby would annoy me.
    wait for dvd.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would go but I would be prepared to leave if my child got upset or loud

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've been to mums and bubs sessions and there have been upset babies. They personally didn't annoy me because it was for mums and babies.

mystical mumma is offline * ʇı ǝןoʇs sǝıɹıɐɟ ǝɥʇ ˙˙˙puıɯ ʎɯ ʇsoן ʇuǝʌɐɥ ı *
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, but yeah it would annoy me.
    They provide mums&bubs sessions for a reason. If I'd just spent $20 to see a movie i would be less than impressed to have a baby interrupt, weather it be by crying or just gurgling.

(don't mean to sound like a bish, just saying how i would feel if I were another movie goer)