+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Christmas Presents for a young bub?

I was thinking that I'd nearly finished my Christmas shopping then I realised I didn't have anything for my dd who will be 13 weeks old at Christmas time.

What are you/did you buy your little bub for their first Christmas? I'm thinking of making a fabric book or two but beyond that I don't know what to 'give' her. Now, let's be clear - she won't care either way, but my ds (nearly 5) will want to 'help' her open her presents and will notice if Santa doesn't give her anything.

She won't have a birthday for another 9 months so I could buy her stuff for in that time but I'm not sure what she really needs apart from clothes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My DS was the same age last year! We pretty much wrapped all the stuff that we would have bought for him during the coming year anyway eg: walkers, activity tables, toys, books, clothes, swimming costumes, hats, winter clothes and shoes etc we just got them all at once! We have this great photo of him in front of the tree with tons of presents for him , plus we had a Christmas stocking made for him full of sippy cups, cutlery, bowls, egg cups etc , of course he won't remember but we have the best photos/videos and we will always remember his first Christmas
    Last edited by Elijahs Mum; 10-12-2011 at 12:50.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

mim1  (10-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Books to read to her are always good

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Berrie For This Useful Post:

kalgirl  (10-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS2 was 9wks for his frist Christmas - We got him a few soft books,Fisher Price my first building blocks(for when he was older) A couple of rattles/teething toys, a baby swing and one of those sit me up Elmo toys, its a type of playmat that is suitable for newborn to 1yr. We didn't go completely overboard for his first Christmas, though you could get away with buying him toys that are 3/6/9months+ through out the year they outgrow toys so quickly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We gave our daughter a few little things like books, teething toys etc but her "main" presents were things she can keep forever. For example, a beautiful silver money box to match a jewlrey box our friends gave us, a beautiful mirrored photo frame with a photo of the three of us, a guitar (my husband is a really good musician so he wants her to start early haha)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took my 5 year old shopping and let him choose
    DS2 (6 weeks) is getting a cloth book, some baby toys and an outfit

somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by swizzlestick; 23-12-2011 at 20:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did the same as PP. I bought things DS can grow into - learning toys and Activity Centres and a stride to ride thing. And a Fisher Price Mobile. A friend of mine bought her DD a little baby bracelet that she will put away in her memory box so she can look back when she's older and see how small her wrist was. One of those identity bracelets but had DD's First Christmas engraved on it.