+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    Yeap, I've always had mine covered too. although mine was TAFE, not uni.

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app
    I'm at tafe doing a diploma, and my jet is taken off during these Xmas holidays. Jet only continues if your studying during the holidays or working. I'm not doing either so it's been taken off until I start again in Jan. If you got jet over the holidays, may I ask how you did that???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by designertaste View Post
    I'm at tafe doing a diploma, and my jet is taken off during these Xmas holidays. Jet only continues if your studying during the holidays or working. I'm not doing either so it's been taken off until I start again in Jan. If you got jet over the holidays, may I ask how you did that???
    Ah, maybe that was the difference. I got jet through the short breaks, I finished my course before the Xmas holidays so wasn't receiving it then anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    Does anyone know how to go about this? Is there a form i can pick up or is it one of those annoying things you have to do over the phone?

Also my friend told me a while back about a payment you can get when you start studying. I think it was around $200. Does this still exist? Does anyone know what its called?
    pes (pensioner education supplement)- i was on it last year when i was studying, the initial payment is around $200 and then its about $62 per fortnight while you're studying.

jet (jobs education & training) - childcare is 10 cents per hour while you are studying

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always have had it paid over the holidays and I'm not studying over the holidays. I started in June 2010 and am doing a 1 year post graduate diploma over 2 years part time so they paid me over christmas 2010 and then this year 2011 as I finish June 2012. They just paid me - it didn't really have a problem. I did tell them over the phone that I was concerned they might not pay over the holidays but there was no uni on I could do over christmas and I couldn't pull the children out of kindy as I wouldn't get the childcare places back etc etc.. they said it wasn't an issue as I was covered over the holidays as my course is 2 year (part-time) they said it just continues on.

In fact my course finished June 2012 and I was worried about what will happen after that re the kids as I have two in kindy and one in school.. my daugher is 5 in Oct 2012 so can't start school till 2013 and I was worried how I could afford to pay for kindy for 2 children for 6 months till she started school the next year. I'll be looking for relief teaching till I get a full time placement (teaching) but they said they will still cover me with JET unless I earn more than 1500 a fortnight for 6 or 7 consecutive fortnights in a row. They also said that when/if I get a full time teaching place they will continue to pay JET for 6 months so I'm hoping I'm still covered for childcare till I only have 1 in kindy and 2 in school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It would seem its not like that for everyone *shrug*
    Last edited by Maia; 15-12-2011 at 17:36. Reason: personal info