+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

Default USA and NZ are making igeall to grow food in yard, to own seeds to store rainwater

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Crazy springs to mind....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Loss of freedom much...?

Thanks
    Reviews
    That doesn't sound right at all; I thought even the White House had it's own veg garden these days. This idea goes directly against all the organic growth, local food movements that are currently very in vogue. Doesn't make sense at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    this explains it a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Argh! Ridiculous bill. Really controlling, scary stuff. Most of the veg and fruit around here (TAS) is sold through farmer's markets etc and I imagine if this were proposed in Australia there would be quite an uproar. I hope the US & NZ make their voices heard on this. People are much too complacent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i didnt read the bit about rainwater collection but if it was made illegal we would be dead due to lack of water. we dont have town water and the only other water avaliable is bore water which is undrinkable. im sure there are stacks of people like this is the US.

besides tank water tastes much better than yucky town water

Thanks
    Reviews
    It seems to only affect the sale of home cultivated produce, rainwater, seeds etc? Which is still of course a sh1thouse control mechanism.

I don't think any law would ever stop me trading veg with the neighbours. Crazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No disrespect intended, but the story sounded quite alarmist and from a quick look at the sites that this was sourced this from, I would say that confirmation from a more reputable news agency would be prudent. Further research indicates that the proposed food bill/law ammendment your article named was actually never put forward to the US Senate, and had, in fact, been superceded in 2009 by the "Consumer Assistance to Recycle and Save Act." A quick read of that Act does not indicate any curtailment whatsoever of an individual or a farmer's right to grow produce. The USA Farmers Lobby group is an immensely powerful political voice, and if it was going to hurt farmers, it would be huge news in the main****** press. So, old news, and incorrectly reported news.

Sorry to go on - I'm a huge political news junkie, with a particular interest in the intricate workings of democratic governments

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kalgirl For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (10-12-2011),Chew the Mintie  (10-12-2011)