+ Reply to Thread
    Perth WA

Default Ideas people.. I need ideas!!!

My DD 4.5 mastered poos quite some time ago. I have been told that is quite unusual - that poos generally take longer to master than wees that is. Not so in our case!!

Unless I remind her to go every say 1.5 - 2 hrs we end up with wet knickers.
    I have tried EVERYTHING!!
    Reward charts, bribery, friendly chats, not so friendly chats (being cross doesn't help for those of you who were wondering) offers to go to ballet classes, gymnastics etc YOU NAME IT I'VE TRIED IT.

In a nutshell she just doesn't seem to care. She wears knickers every day and I have never been tempted to go back to nappies although she does wear a pull up at night.

Please help. She is starting kindy in Feb and I am panicking. She is our middle child and is a bright and happy girl.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just a thought, maybe she relies on you? Maybe there is something not right?
    You are not alone in getting frustrated. I think we all do it at times.

HAve you asked her why she doesn't go to the toilet? Are there obvious cues? My DS grabs his willy and will deny he needs to go. I often leave it until it is really bad, giving him the chance to go.

Maybe you could put her back in nappies? Or would that do some serious psychological damage? Maybe she just isn't getting the message from her bladder.

I think a trip to the GP and or child health nurse is in order.

Good luck