+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Newsletters are pretty slack, they have next to no info in them.

Yeah when i asked her, she had the uninterested annoyed attitude and walked off quick quickly.

No thankgod she wont be our yr1 teacher.
    However we were allowed to tell them 1 person we wanted our children with in for next yr, i wrote a name, and then wrote but would be happy if she is with atleast one of the other girls in her class.

She is only new to the school and so far shes struggled in making friends and has had problems with a few kids doing the whole no he/she is my friend, so on.

The teacher was very aware of this and has witnessed my dd saying she does not want to come back.

Any way we got class lists on thursday, and her teacher has put her in a class were she knows no one and its a prep/yr1 class - filled mostly with preps, it has 23 students where as the other yr1 classes have only 19-20

Spoke to principle, and she didnt want to hear it.

And thats just 1 of many problems, me and a few parents have noticed sh is not patient enough to be a prep teacher, she sometimes yells at them like she a 13 yr old yelling ar her mum for not giving her more pocket money.

She tends to ignore and speak over children (during questions and what not)

She doesnt managed the class time well, we have two activities they do every afternoon before they leave (a song & show n tell) and she never starts till after the bell (the kids are running round, reading books till the bell)

And then she gets crabby that the kids are being slow and yells that the bell has gone.

She calls out kids names to let them no their parent is here, but she always sits in a terrible place where she can only see a couple, and she doesnt bother to get up and look around or shel start talking to a parent and doesnt tell kids they can go

Its her rule that unless tgeir name is called tgey can not leave tge carpet.
    Marjority of us do not leave untill 2:45 - 2:50 and her school bell rings at 2:30

And she constantly tries to avoid conversation with parents unless she inititates.

This is only the surface of her problems. And i wont even go into the part of her yelling at 2 yr old siblings and inappropriateness

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Didn't the official end dates of the term come home in the newsletter. We publish the last day of this term and the first day for next year every week, and have been doing so all term. Doesn't mean people won't get it wrong, but heaven knows we've told them!

We still have a week of school to go and I only had ten kids from my class at school yesterday. It will be fewer and fewer as next week goes on. But the official announced closing date is next Friday, definitely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As a teacher (please don't shoot me) we usually advise parents that the last day of school will be used as a cleaning day. The unofficial last day of school would have been the thurs but parents still have the right to drop their kids at school on the last day. She should not have told you otherwise and it is highly unlikely that she would have been confused about the dates as we are all very aware of that finally day (and usually have countdowns going on everywhere). My advice would be to look up the school email address on their website and send in an email now listing your concerns and complaints. To me it just sounds like she was trying to be as lazy as possible and have the lowest number of kids she could. Sorry that you had such a bad experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just saw your other post. I'm gathering by the fact that the kids are on holidays already that you are in Qld. You could try contacting the regional office of the school and lodging a complaint through them. How old is this teacher? How long has she been teaching? Also, if you lodge a written complaint with the principal they should do something about it especially when it comes to classes for next year. A suggestion would be to comment that you don't think that your daughter will cope in a composite class because she's struggled to make friends this year. I can't promise that anything will come of it because it's hard to change classes at this late stage but it's worth a try. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We were told kids are welcome as there is supervision but preferred they stay home as hardly anyone was coming .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    As a fellow teacher I'm not going to comment on or judge what the teacher said but I will say that if you are not happy you should speak to the principal and if they don't act on the matter you should speak to your regional office like PP said.

Also if the school dates weren't published in the newsletter you will find the dates for the next 4 school years here on the Queensland Department of Education and Training website.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Wow our school makes it a big day. In the past they have hired out a local pool and had a whole school fun day. Other years it been each class has a big party and dvd's/wet day/sports day/arts and craft/cooking day etc...

The kids are always busting to go to the last celebrations

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I would never tell the kids to not come in, but at this time of year, not much work is being done. Most schools would've had their presentation day by now, end if year excursions, all books, readers, and teacher resources back to the library for stocktake. On Wednesday is our moving day, where we move to our new classroom for the following year, so not much happening with school work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    It sounds like you have some valid concerns about this teacher. I would be requesting a meeting with the principal. Sure, many parents choose not to send their kids to school on the last day. It *is* just playing, drawing etc (which I like). But the operative word is CHOOSE. You didn't get that choice. I don't believe for a second she forgot or got confused.

When I read these type threads, I just thank god we have the public school we have. Excellent, involved teachers, an innovative principle. Everything is in the newsletters and even if I throw it out I can just jump on the website. I thought DD's school was just the norm in public education but when I read BH I realise it's special.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (10-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loving6 View Post
    Wow our school makes it a big day. In the past they have hired out a local pool and had a whole school fun day. Other years it been each class has a big party and dvd's/wet day/sports day/arts and craft/cooking day etc...

The kids are always busting to go to the last celebrations
    Ours is a big deal too, face painting, water play, jumping castle, ice blocks for all the kids. They play games and have a great time. Not many want to miss it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (10-12-2011)