+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default The teacher lied - and shes teaching children. Yuck!

So my dd is in prep and had her breakup party this week on thursday,

I asked her teacher a few days before hand if they still come to school on the friday (as im new to having a child at home)

She rolled her eyes, noded her head and said no there is no school friday thats why the breakup party is on thursday.

I thought this was strange and asked a couple of parents, they to said the teacher told them no.

So im on my way to drop my other dd at kindy and off to take my prep dd to work with me and we pass her school....

And theres the lolliepop lady and all the school kids, and i see kids walking into the prep classes (they are at front of school)

I get to kindy and asked the schoolies teacher if she had prep kids to pick up after school.

She replied yes, 7 of them.
    Shocked, i told her what our teacher had told many parents.

She to was shocked and disgusted and suggested i report her.

With dd's uniforms all in the wash and no prepacked lunch and me being already late for work, i just continued on my way to work.

What would you have thought/done about this?

This also isnt the first problem iv had with this teacher

Thanks
    Reviews
    Most teachers tell the kids not to bother coming to school on the last day. They don't do any work and basically play games, etc all day. This is prob why she told u there isn't any BUT she really shld have explained it and not just told u what she said.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Is it possible that she was genuinely mistaken?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poppyseed View Post
    Most teachers tell the kids not to bother coming to school on the last day. They don't do any work and basically play games, etc all day. This is prob why she told u there isn't any BUT she really shld have explained it and not just told u what she said.
    I think the problem is more that she asked if it was on not if it was worth it.

I'd talk to the principal tbh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yea i asked if school was open on friday. And she flat out said the school is closed and thursday is the last day.

I know alot of kids dont go on tge last day but thats not something i want to start my 5 yr old onto. And i definetely wouldnt think a teacher would encourage that.

Because of it i had to take dd to work with me, & i could have been fined had tge wrong person found out.

So yea, i was shocked, as were a few others.

I think next yr i will go to the office and ask for tge offical end dates of each term.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd be more concerned about the rolling of eyes. Maybe she was mistaken herself, but there is no excuse for being rude. Do you get newsletters? It's always on our newsletter but we also get a calendar every year, a small, magnetic one, that outlines holidays, pupil free days, public holidays, and exam time. I put it on my fridge for easy reference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would definitely speak to the principle. That could be a very costly mistake, for some parents who then had to pay someone to care for their kids while they worked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    yeah definintly speak to the principal. I agree she should have told you it was on but that a lot of kids dont go not say it's not on at all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummykitty View Post
    I think the problem is more that she asked if it was on not if it was worth it.

I'd talk to the principal tbh
    Yea and I meant in that the teacher shld have told op the truth and the op cld have made an informed decision and I wanted to mention that the last day is basically a "cleaning day" and I know alot of teachers who discourage the kids in coming on the very last day.
    Op if u r upset by what the teacher has done then definately talk to the principal, u did mention that this isn't the first time shes done something questionable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Will she be teaching your child next year?