+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sounds very suss to me. I know in call centres you are just a small cog in a big wheel, they don't have your back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Try not to let them get to you and bully you in the meeting. Just go in there with the excuse that you'd been advised to take a few minutes out every now and then to get up and stretch as sitting for long periods is bad for your back, and get a doctor to back it up in writing. You said your sales and figures haven't even been affected, so I don't see why this would even be an issue to them, unless they're trying to get you out before you are owed maternity leave. Don't let them take away your xmas bonus and your job without a fight. Hopefully the union will be able to help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I understand what it's like to be picked on bc your pg at work. Before I got pg with DD, I was my Manager's best worker,he would tell me that. From the moment I told him I was pg he referred to me as the 'pg lady' and would pull me upon tiny stuff. Right before mat. leave he tried cornering me with his other manager buddy for some serious allegations, which were proven false. No apology, nothing. Just made excuses it was his job to investigate.

Some workplaces just hate pg workers. They have to find someone else, who they can't keep if you come back. Many (I have to be honest, usually men) think pg = slack.

I would be telling them on Monday they can call your dr, and that you will involve the union. Taking 2-3 mins a day extra is nothing. I have to admit when I read your OP I thought hmmm, well you obviously did something wrong that you acknowledge. But when you elaborated... sorry but I think they have it in for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miss87 View Post
    You are so right. I've put up with this for 5.5 years, I can do another 3.5 months! I am just being super perfect, not doing anything wrong just in case they are still watching me.
    Hmmmm, that changes things - it certainly does sound that they are trying to get out of paying you your bonuses and maternity leave then. Especially if they have done it to other people.

Good luck with the meeting. Hopefully the union can help you and you can get through the next few months and get your entitlements.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Make sure to be careful of the words you use in your meeting on Monday.

I wouldn't call taking a few mins a day taking short cuts - you are just taking a few seconds to get your breath back so you can continue to perform at your usual high standard.

Good luck

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scientician For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (11-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are also entitled to take someone into the meeting ,they cannot be involved in the conversation (unless a union rep) but they can help with support and be a witness.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best for today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I understand what it's like to be picked on bc your pg at work. Before I got pg with DD, I was my Manager's best worker,he would tell me that. From the moment I told him I was pg he referred to me as the 'pg lady' and would pull me upon tiny stuff. Right before mat. leave he tried cornering me with his other manager buddy for some serious allegations, which were proven false. No apology, nothing. Just made excuses it was his job to investigate.

Some workplaces just hate pg workers. They have to find someone else, who they can't keep if you come back. Many (I have to be honest, usually men) think pg = slack.

I would be telling them on Monday they can call your dr, and that you will involve the union. Taking 2-3 mins a day extra is nothing. I have to admit when I read your OP I thought hmmm, well you obviously did something wrong that you acknowledge. But when you elaborated... sorry but I think they have it in for you
    I have to agree with Delerium - but good luck for today!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    To still qualify, you need to work like 1 day a week or something small like that...

If you want to quit so badly, why don't you just go and get a job in a coffee shop to free up your time, and you will be out of there.

You will then have heaps of free time to prepare for bubs and it sounds like that would be a much less stressful option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    AP I had a similar situation when pregnant, although I'd done nothing wrong - they all of a sudden decided to overload me with too much work the second they found out I was pregnant. They wanted me out.

I tried to look for other work, but the second employers heard/saw I was pregnant they wanted nothing to do with me.

Your union will help you if there is something illegal going on OP