+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Fish

Hi all...

Just wondering what fish I can give my son. He is 8 months old and my nurse said the best meats to start a baby on are chicken and fish as they are more tender. I want something bone free too. Can you start with salmon or would that be too strong a taste? And too fatty? Would I be better to start him on whiting or flake or something like that??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My DS had fresh grilled salmon from 7 months!(great source if omega 3 and good fats and some vit D) It's now his favorite food, I just grilled it with a squeeze of lemon and olive oil , just flake it once cooked to double check for bones, we also had flat head fillets at that age, blue eye cod and tuna, my DS is now 13 months old and eats fish at least 3 times a week ( at 8 months I started make him salmon nuggets, just cooked salmon flaked, with boiled rice, peas, corn, broccoli, mix with a beaten egg and roll into rice crumbs and shallow fry or oven bake- great for finger food )
    Last edited by Elijahs Mum; 09-12-2011 at 15:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you are buying fresh fish, you would have a hard time finding a boneless fish. Whiting or flathead don't have an overly fishy taste and the bones are very easy to remove. I would say you would be better off buying some tinned tuna ortineed/ fresh salmon(the ones you buy fresh) and adding it to his meals, bone free and easy to chew as they are pretty mushy already.
    Last edited by Littlemissmetal; 09-12-2011 at 15:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I just got white fish fillets - a variety of different types. I made some mild sauces to go with them after a while... for variety. They flake very easily, and are totally mushy.