+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Melting Mayo View Post
    You've already been given really good advice! I just wanted to say that at 35 weeks having full bf's is AWESOME!!! It will help so much in helping you guys get home speaking from experience here
    I wish it did! Its hindering bubs attachment and he isn't getting te fatty hind milk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm not sure of the logistics of this but can you (if you're not already) maybe only do one breast at a time if you're worried about him not getting the hind milk? I know that may give you trouble with the breast you don't feed off and apart from more hot showers to relieve the pressure that may not work but just a thought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UmmInayah View Post
    So I got a pump and expressed to feel comfy - 40mls each side..

Do I continue with the cold compress?
    Sorry I hadn't seen this until now. I would continue with the cold compresses and express for comfort only

Bfp!!! Little bug due 25/6/12

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ive only been offerin the one breast per feed boobs are still so engorged even after he is done. Which is pretty much what they were like even though I had taken 40mls off.

Okay continuing with the cold compresses.. Also I've been massaging the opposite boob I am feeding off to try and ease any engorgedness on that side. Is that bad? I figure I am leaking anyway, might as well help get rid off hard bits.. Hope this won't stimulate more milk!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep sure is fine for massage, it will help with the lumps. Can you ask your midwife about the possibility of ultrasound treatment? It really helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by The sooper nanny View Post
    Yep sure is fine for massage, it will help with the lumps. Can you ask your midwife about the possibility of ultrasound treatment? It really helps

Ultrasound? How does that work? Do I need to go to an ultrasound place or is it something they carry on the ward?

Feeling sooo much lighter already. Thank you for all your advice. It has already helped immensely!

Thanks
    Reviews
    While in essence I don't disagree with sooper nannies advice, I have to disagree about the cabbage leaves...
    I think they work. Perhaps it's only because if you keep the cabbage in the fridge then peel off a leaf it fits so perfectly in shape and size to the breast it is like the perfect little cold pack - and just the right amount of cold - not too cold like ice. But I think it has something more than cold. I truly believe it helps with oversupply issues and mastitis. I had both.. I don't know what it is or why but I believe plants have every cure in them, and cabbage is the one to use for boobs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our physios offer it where I work, helps with the inflammation not sure if all hospitals offer it though. Might need to check with your midwife
    Glad to be of help, engorgement is terrible. Get some rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, I read your post wrong

Hmmmm okay. So are you bfing and topping up with tube feeds? When I was in hosp, I pumped after each feed and they froze the milk for me - and that's what they used as the top up instead of having to use formula. Could you possibly pump and then feed and then pump again? I know what they say the more you take the more you make, but for the sake of your comfort until bubba is taking more straight from the breast per feed, is it something you would want to do? X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Melting Mayo View Post
    Sorry, I read your post wrong

Hmmmm okay. So are you bfing and topping up with tube feeds? When I was in hosp, I pumped after each feed and they froze the milk for me - and that's what they used as the top up instead of having to use formula. Could you possibly pump and then feed and then pump again? I know what they say the more you take the more you make, but for the sake of your comfort until bubba is taking more straight from the breast per feed, is it something you would want to do? X
    Bub is on the ward with me. He was breathing fine on his own and sucking like a champ! Had an awesome first feed. I am so thankful. No tube feeds he is doing so great. I had so much colostrum he didn't need to work so hard at getting any (it just dripped into his mouth he just had to swallow) and has been having loads of wet nappies etc.

I've only been giving breastfeeds. No top ups, no tubes.. No expressing. I have so much milk it literally hurts! was thinking of offering to feed the lady next to me's baby lol!

We will hopefully be discharged today. Waiting on blood test results to see f his platelet count is better and if he has a lower sepsis score