+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbubs1012 View Post
    Jess1889 why can't you take zofran after 15 weeks? Can you take it the days you are feeling the worst or do you have to take it every day to keep the levels up? Also dose anyone know if it has any side effects? I HATE taking anything during pregnancy but just can't deal with this nausea any more.
    You can take it. Sorry if i confused you. I just was too scared to ask for it until then. I took it from 15-26 weeks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My friend just gave me some zofran that the hospital had given her son not long ago. It was 4mg wafer and it dissolved on my tongue. I took it a few hours ago but it has done nothing. How long does it take for it to work??? And you do dissolve it on your tongue??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes you dissolve it on your tongue. The 4mg wafer worked for me but only for about six hours. It pretty much worked within half an hour after I took it.
    Hope it helps eventually for you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    An adult dose of ondansetron is more like 6-8mg so that might be your problem. Hope your feeling better soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was really sick I was taking 8mg ondansetron every 6 hours.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have just started taking Zofran but a few things I have read have said that Dr's don't usually prescribe it in the first trimester. I am nearly six weeks pregnant and have been vomiting and nauseaus non stop for a week, I went to my Dr crying. My GP was relucant to prescribe it but my OB gave me the prescription.

My question is - has anyone used it in the first trimester? and is it safe in the first trimester?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've used Zofran and Maxalon since week 5 and I'm now 32 weeks. My OB keeps prescribing it as he says it's safe. Honestly I don't know how I'd even make it to the couch some days with one of the two. I've tried to used to Zofran less, and I halve it, cause I know it's stronger. You've got to do what works for you. Good luck