+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default coping with horrible morning sickness?

I am nearly 8 weeks pregnant and the dreaded M/S has set in.
    It is so bad I can hardly stand, 24/7 nausea. I have been dry retching but am managing to eat at times. It started a week ago and seems to be getting worse.
    But this nausea is unbearable. I had in in my first pregnancy (daughter now 8) from just over 6 weeks to almost 12 weeks. I was hoping I would be lucky enough to miss it this time, no suck luck. It is making me feel so lousy that I am having thoughts about terminating. For other reasons I am not sure I want another child at this stage (unstable relationship) and this M/S is making me want this pregnancy less. Maybe I would be more excited if I wasn't feeling so horribly ill.
    Anyway Dr gave me maxalon but it made me worse. I asked about zofran but he said he would not prescribe that to me as there have not been enough tests done to determine it safe in pregnancies. Another Dr agreed at the centre agreed. I have been drinking ginger beer and taking ginger tablets. Yesterday I thought they were working but today I am really crook again.
    I am meant to be starting a new job early Jan and am terrified that I will lose that if I am still sick by then. I am a single mum now so I NEED this job.
    Anyone tried those travel sickness bands from the pharmacy??
    Oh someone please give me a magic cure?!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No magic cure but I hope you do find one the travel sickness bands I and most I know have found a waste of time but using the acupressure points on your inner wrist yourself may help. How long did it last with dd?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Go to another doctor or your ob and get some zofran. Ridiculous they said no.....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 4underfour For This Useful Post:

dreadlockfairy  (09-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was so sick with mine. I know what you are going through it was so terrible I just cried and cried. I didn't know about zofran but people swear by it. I tried maxalon it just made me worse. If I ever go through it again I will go on zofran. Strange they won't give it to you I know a few people who have used it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Morning sickness is truly the worst...

I didn't find a magic cure but I found that the travel sickness bands did help me. Ginger beer did not help me at all and it actually made me feel worse which was weird I thought. Even now I cannot enjoy ginger beer like I used to. I also made sure that I ate very regularly, like every couple of hours, because as soon as I got hungry I would start to feel sick.

I hope you find something that works!

dreadlockfairy is offline The best things in life.....aren't things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Go to another doctor, until you find one that will prescribe zofran. I needed it for this pregnancy, saved me from ending up on a drip in hospital. My doc said it was safe for pregnancy & plenty of women have taken it. Plenty even here on bubhub! Maxalon did nothing for me but zofran enabled me to drink fluids and eat again, life saving stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone.
    Does zofran just stop the vomiting or does it ease the nausea feeling too? I only been dry retching (at this stage) its just the nausea is that extreme I can hardly stand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was nauseus 24/7 from 7 weeks to 18 weeks, then it just disappeared.
    I found maxalon did nothing for me either. Neither did eating ginger (which i hate), or the sea sickness bands.
    Lots of rest doe
    I hope you can find a cure as being on your own and having to do daily tasks still and working is horrible. Let us know how you go, definately go to another doctor

dreadlockfairy is offline The best things in life.....aren't things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stormgirl73 View Post
    Thanks everyone.
    Does zofran just stop the vomiting or does it ease the nausea feeling too? I only been dry retching (at this stage) its just the nausea is that extreme I can hardly stand.
    It stopped the vomiting completely for me, and allowed me to eat/drink again so I guess it eased the nausea a bit. But yeah didn't get rid of the nausea. I did feel 100 billion times better on zofran compared to when i wasn't on it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 8 weeks and have the same nausea I can't get out of bed and when I do I feel even worse. I have also had thoughts of terminating as this was an unplanned pregnancy and I already have a 16 month old son to look after and I feel so bad that I can't play with him as much and he dos'nt understand why it's really not fair on him. I had sever nausea with him Untill 20 weeks but was ok cos I didn't have a 16 month old to look after and only worked p/t so slept alot. I dunno how Iam gna get through this. I could never terminate thou I know I would regret it forever. Its best not to make a decision like that when you are feeling so sick. Eating very regularly dose help a lil bit. Also I try eat nothing too greasy, rich or heavy as this seems to make it worse. Also lemonade helps abit. I hope the nausea goes away for you very soon xx