+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Sesame Street, disappointing

A few days ago Sesame Street had the word on the street "Family". They showed a bunch of videos where kids were describing who was part of their family. It was all "at home I live with my mum and my dad, my sister, etc".
    There was1 child who lived with his grandparents, but NO children who lived with just a mum or just a dad and NO children who had same sex parents. Im wondering WHY? America is supposed to be so tolerant and open about single/sole parenthood and same sex parents. That's what they like to think anyway.

So yeah, Sesame Street developers, I love your show but not every child has a mum AND a dad

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That may have been old clips as Gina? has an adopted child Marko and is single I have seen 1 clip on the site for a same sex family to but that was a few months ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I dont know about that one. I know Gina is a single parent, but it doesn't really get mentioned during the program at all.
    I'll have a look as to how old the episode was. It did have the same theme song/music as the newer episodes, but it could be they still used some old videos out of lack of newer ones. In that case they should update these kinds of videos