+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    Are you watching the circle at the moment? Haha

(There was a segment on baby routines the same time you posted this).
    Ahhh no I wasn't haha in Perth so it hasn't come on yet might have to have a look

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    When jasper was a baby he called the shots for feeds & sleeps.

But from like 2 months old I was trying to get him down for a sleep around 4pm so he'd be up around 5-5:30 so he could have a play, then bath at 6ish (which he loved & would wear him out majorly) cluster feed in the evening (feed repeatedly) until 7pm and then bed. Because I found of I did that he'd sleep till midnight without a feed.

But whatever during the day, and sometimes my 'routine' didn't go to plan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We've had a loose routine since about 7 months. It's not strict however now at almost 18months if DS doesn't have dinner between 5-6pm he won't eat (after 6 he just refuses and if he does eat its nowhere near as much as he would eat otherwise)
    Also if he is in bed around 6:45 he'll be asleep by 7, a later bedtime results in almost of an hour of settling techniques

Thanks
    Reviews
    We just go with the flow. Things tend to happen at the same time every day but having no set routine allows for flexibility.

Some days she is hungrier than others, some days she needs an extra nap. I figure there is no point fighting it and trying to keep her awake if she's tired, or put her to bed when she's not ready!

About 5 nights a week she sleeps for about 10 hours so it seems to be working for us!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mettie For This Useful Post:

trishalishous  (09-12-2011)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    no routine but dd has a pretty good natural one.u
    8ish up
    depending on age various feeds and sleeps, but shes always had an arvo nap
    11-12ish lunch
    12ish-3ish nap
    afternoon teas
    7ish dinner, shower,massage
    830-9ish boobies and bed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No routine, I follow his lead but it's turned into a natural routine for him ...

Up between 6 & 7.30
    8ish Breakfast
    11ish morning tea
    11.30/12.30 nap
    2ish lunch
    4ish arvo tea
    6.30 dinner
    7.30 bath
    8.00 boobies and bed

*** end of transmission ***

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    yes, we did. I found DS was a baby who thrived on routine. He wasn't terribly fussed about feeding, so since birth i had him on scheduled 3 then 4 hourly feeds. If he wanted extra feeds that was fine, but he almost never asked. I tried "going with the flow" when he was little and he was miserable. He likes sleeping in his own cot, in his own room, at predictable times with a predictable pattern. That's just how he rolls Even now at nearly 2, if he goes to bed 30 minute later than usual at night he's generally very unsettled.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Loco - I think our bubs are about the same age from memory. DD is 4 months.

We follow the feed/play/sleep routine but it's not based on time of day. As soon as she gives me the tired signs it's off to bed. She gets fed when she wakes (she's FF now so as long as it's been at least 2.5hrs I feed her, otherwise if she won't re-settle I just get her up for some playtime before the feed). She's still underweight - just dropped off the chart again dammit! - so I just make sure she has 6 feeds per day minimum.

She knows what she wants and when she wants it, lol, so I don't try to mess with it! I'm sure we'll settle into a more predictable routine as she gets older.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No routine for us but there is a definite rhythm to the day and I try to make the pre-bed sequence consistent and predictable. We tried a bit of a routine at around 7 months because we thought we should but neither of us really liked it. I love to try to really tune into DD and my needs and go with the flow around them

11. The Following User Says Thank You to wrena For This Useful Post:

trishalishous  (10-12-2011)