+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What baby things can be used Again?

Ok so I have like a ton of baby things as this is my first baby. I plan to have another one in a couple of years. What are some of the things I can keep for use again and what are things that I should throw out?

Sent from my HTC Legend using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    What have you used alot with your baby? Keep those things plus some special little keep sakes aside too.

I would imagine you would keep alot of stuff tbh

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i kept pretty much everything i had for DD1 and glad i did cause 3.5yrs later i had DD2.

the only things ive had to buy for DD2 are a few singlet suits and socks cause the sock fairy obviously helped herself.lol.

if you have the room to store things id keep the lot

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would keep everything too

Except the cot/bassinet mattresses if you use them. They need to be replaced for each baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I kept everything, except for cot (it broke) and cot mattress (supposed to be new for each bub)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    we kept the lot

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just done the big purge and sort of all my DDs baby stuff from storage and to be honest I downsized! I was quite ruthless with my sorting and I put a lot of clothes on eBay (easy to choose as this bub is a boy) but mostly just the things that i honestly didnt didn't use that much.
    Now I'm spending that money on a few bits and pieces I really wished I had had with DD!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm keeping most things from ds. He's 8 months & we're currently ttc number 2.

We'll upgrade him to a toddler bed so bub can have the cot & a new mattress.

Clothes, linen, swings, bouncers, playmats etc.... Can all be used again. Regardless of gender, unless you're only into the pink for girls & blue for boys thing

You can reuse bottles if they are sterilized properly, we will probably use a couple and buy a couple more - but will buy new teats. Also we will buy new dummies.

Most things can be used again though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Despite our nearly 5 year gap I kept nearly everything. Problem was it was taking over our house! I wish I'd been a little more ruthless. I didn't keep the electric swing (it broke) or the bottles/dummies that we used for our ds. Otherwise we kept everything.

But, we had a girl, so automatically a lot of the clothes aren't going to be used ... and although I did have some gender neutral stuff I'm finding it not so useful as my dd was born in September, but my ds was born in January. So, my dd is now in size 00 and yet the 00's from my ds were for autumn/winter, so they are pretty much all long sleeve, heavier weight material, etc. My dd will be in size 0 in the warmer part of summer, so I daresay I'll find even less stuff when I go through my ds's size 0 box!

I'm trying to get rid of stuff on ebay, but I'm so busy with lots of other things that finding time to do that is not easy. I've got a huge box of maternity wear to get rid of too - that is something I used for a 2nd time - so glad I kept my maternity wear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have a 5.5 year gap bw DD1 and DD2 and we pretty much kept everything from the first time around. The highchair we got rid off so do have to replace that and a new cot, because the old was used till DD1 was 3 and one of the sides broke. Kept all the clothes, good thing too because we had another girl, although they're different seasons so I did have to buy a few extra clothing items. Didn't keep bottles, kept the microwave steriliser, kept bassinett, kept bouncer, kept nappy bags, kept all the toys of course, kept the prams, trikes and bikes. Our house is overrun by kid's stuff, so wish we had more room.