+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Reflux babies?

Hi ladies, for those of you who have had or have reflux babies I was just wondering if they went put on medication and if they were which one, how much and what age and how long were they on them? thanks x

Thanks
    Reviews
    My youngest has been on Zantac , nexium, and now on Somac and he's 19 months. And it will be a long time before he stops.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

My little girl was on losec from 7 weeks to 8 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS started with Zantac at 3 weeks then losec at 8 weeks. Currently 6 months and have tried cutting the dose many times with no luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies seems like it's very common that alot of babies don't really grow out of it very quickly my DD2 has been on losec since she was 2 weeks old, looks like I'm in for the long haul I suppose

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS had silent reflux. He was on bethanacol from 6 weeks then losec from 12 weeks. Originally 5mg, then 10mg then at 6 months old he went to 15mg which he was on till 8 months.

Have you thought of chiro? I think it helped.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD was on Zantac (1ml twice daily) from about 9 weeks. We increased it to 1.5ml at 11 weeks. Still bad, cut out dairy and soy at 12 weeks. That's what made the difference. I think we stopped the Zantac around 6 or 7 months when she was sitting up more and wasn't spewing much any more. I reintroduced dairy and soy slowly into my diet from 8 months and she was okay. Now she's fine at 20 months

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    my DD has servere reflux, she was put on losec at 5 weeks old (shorty after her first surgery on her stomach ) that didnt help much at all, she was also put onto neocate formula, and then they added in zantac and domperadone as well, at 1 year old she had a fundoplication ( anti reflux op apparently ) because her reflux was so servere she was not even 5 kilos at 1 year old she was stoping breathing a lot because of the reflux and getting chest infections from it ( asipiration pneumonia ) we did all the testing before choosing to go downthat road, barium studies, empedence probe endoscopies and gastric emptying study ( which revieled her stomach was not emptying wel at all, ( 5 mls in 5 hours ) which was contributing to the reflux. The fundo was less than helpful for her she ever got back onto oral feeds and ended up having a permenant g tube a few months later, that still didnt help as her feed just poored around the stoma. She has been fed into her intestines since she was 18 months old, that hasnt always worked either, she has mulitiple obstructions and surgerys, Now at neally 6 she is going well gut wise, She has lost a large portion of her jejunum ( second part of small bowel ) and feeds into the lower part of her jejenum though a tube on the right hand side of her abdomen and has a PEG ( tummy tube ) in the middle that drains her stomach 24 7 as if its clamped she refluxes stomach acid, right now im working on trying to wean it but its not going well. She is still on losec and we wil not be weaning it any time soon as when the fluid leaks around her peg it burns like made and when she refluxes it it also burns she has had bleeds on a few occasions from it.

yes my daughter is on the very bad end of the reflux spectrum she is far from a happy chucker, But yes a refluxer, before useing any medications i would recomend seeing a pead or a pead Gi if you can to try and find out WHY they are relfuxing as yes it can be a simple case of baby reflux but it can also ( if bad ) be caused by other things

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd has reflux, she was on meds at 6weeks old. She's been on them ever since, has recently been diagnosed lactose intolerant and is doing really well on a LF diet. We are gradually weaning her off the meds and hope to be fully diet controlled in another fortnight.

She's currently almost 15 months old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It won't let me edit, she started on 5mg losec twice a day, went up to 10mg twice a day at around 10m for 6 weeks or so, then settled on 5mg/am and 10mg/pm until recently.