+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mod-biscotti is online now Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I have had two induced births and was drug free for both. I was very committed though to being drug free due to a traumatic birth (spontaneous labour) and epidural with my son (first birth) and so I was very determined to do it drug free....and had three labours/babies after that, no drugs. I won't pretend it was a walk in the park but I was very determined!
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    My last birth was induced and drug free. I do wish I had had some kind of warning of how fast it would actually happen though! I had joked to the midwife that she could crank it all up because the drip wasn't doing much and half an hour later I was in the thick of it! I had great support from her though (ob missed it all).
    I did miss that long build up and was very very aware of it all which was quite different to the almost trance like state of my first birth but could definitely do it again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was induced at 38 weeks with DD and had a gorgeous, calm, drug-free birth. My body wasn't ready but I managed to get away with just a gel induction and 5 relaxed hours later bub was born. I would definitely try to avoid a syntocin induction if you can. I did a calmbirth class which I think helped but it's definitely doable. I hope you have a wonderful, empowering birth

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was drug free for both labours. The first was spontaneous but the second was induced after my hind waters burst (how they burst before my forewaters I don't know).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for these very helpful and supportive replies everyone. I definately don't want to be induced at all. However, the baby is very small and it appears that the placenta is beginning to fail a bit. The doctors have many times 'warned' me that it is most likely the baby will be induced no later than 38 weeks because there comes a point where bub is safer out than in - if they aren't getting the nutrients they need.
    Now in saying all this: I heard that story over and over with my first baby (also very small) and she was still doing fine at 39 weeks and came naturally a few days later. So in a wild fit of optimism, I'm hoping a similar thing will happen again and save me from an induction!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was induced via synto drip-9 hrs, no drugs. It can be done!! Good luck to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    Just wondering, by drug free do you mean no pain relief, or do you mean you want also to try for physiological third stage? Cos I was reading an article recently at an antenatal appointment which said that where there has been intervention/management of a labour (which I would consider induction as an intervention), then it is recommended to have a managed third stage (ie syntocinon). I am back at the midwives this week; if you're interested I can see if I can find the name of the article if you're interested to look at it. It was by a woman in Queensland...
    All the best for your birth!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i know of a couple of people off the top of my head who have had drug free (pain relief kind) inductions. good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also had a physiological third stage with no dramas at all

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was induced (ARM and syntocin) and although not totally drug free, I only used gas.