+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Hmm I think it's pretty rude to buy someone a gift against their wishes. I know it's only $10, but think of all of the $10 gifts we receive at xmas!!

I wish people wouldn't give me presents (please read this IRL friends ) my house literally cannot handle any more "small" gifts, my house is SO full. If you want to get me something, give me a gift voucher to Howards Storage World.

I'm glad my side of the family are doing a kris kringle this year so it means I will be getting ONE present of my choice rather than a random trinket that will just fill up the house and collect dust.

It's great that you love xmas and presents, but there's people out there who don't like it and don't like receiving gifts - myself included.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think Christmas is about family, not presents.

DH and I buy for DS, but don't buy anything for each other (except last year when he was naughty!) but do buy for the SIL and IL's mainly because they buy for us.

I wanted to say this year that we will only buy for the IL's and nephew as we don't have much $$ and I doubt SIL does either, but DH thought that was weird. So I'm going to make things instead an give hampers.

I don't buy for my family anymore. Kids get cut off at 18 so there isn't anyone to buy for! Plus we won't see them as usually spend it with the IL's as that's much more fun (my family aren't close so if we go there it's out of obligation, and Mum or my eldest sis always manage to ruin things with their *****ing.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My sister in law tried this and hated it when I gave her a present (home made biscuits!) not like it cost much and I do it every year for everyone! I love making gifts a Xmas so shut up and eat them lol! Gonna make calendars this year lots of family weddings so gonna put all the bdays and stuff on them

4. The Following User Says Thank You to moomechanic For This Useful Post:

jennibear  (09-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    FIL and stepMIL always say no gifts the last 4 chrismast (although DH still insists on giving gifts to them). Fine by me. save my money and trips to shopping centre.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only adults we buy for at christmas are our parents and I'm happy with that. Adult siblings and close friends get birthday presents only. Me and OH usually buy for each other but as we're trying to save every penny atm I've told him I'm only spending £10 on him so he should do the same!