+ Reply to Thread
    I live in NSW, on the sunny central coast!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is it too late?

I know many woman who do everything 'right' once they fall pregnant. Eat the right foods, exercise, stretch, drink plenty of water, sleep on their right side etc.
    I also know many of woman, who do not. They dont change much of anything really.

With my first pregnany, I was somewhat more pedantic. This time around, I confess I have been pretty slack I exercised (walked) quite regularly for about..oh..a month..then the weather got too hot and I lost all motivation with my almost 3 yr old sucking the life outta me. I did quit smoking and am not a drinker. I LOVE eating ice when I am pregnant so I am always pretty well hydrated..but diet wise I have been shocking! If anything, I am worse then before I was pregnant! I love anything deep fried and sugary. Its not any one thing I crave..aslong as its bad for me I'll eat it! My sleeping habits are also pretty bad as Ds has just moved out of cot into bed and is exploring his new found freedom ar 2am-3am-4am..etc!

So to the point ...at 27 weeks I am having a big urge to start eating right/stretching etc. Do you think its to late too start? Would bub actually benefit from me changing these habits this far into the pregnancy?

I just scratch my head as to why what I would classify "unhealthy" pregnant woman (like myself) and the "healthy" woman..seem to have the same odds of having a 'healthy' baby born? I am generally speaking of course, I understand medical factors, genetics etc can play a role in all of this.

Wow. You can tell I am having an emotional/hormonal/deep thinking day haha.

Thanks to anyone who actually read this far and still understands what I am on about!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    id say its worth a try. if anything 'you' will benefit from the changes and as bub is relying on you for everything they in turn benefit

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

MflUicM  (08-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Definitely not too late to start being more healthy! Plus bub's brain develops mostly during the third trimester so more oxygen flow and more fish oils are great at this point in the pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is never too late to start changing ways etc....
    Every pregnancy (and person) is different, and therefore - you crave different things. Having a 3 yr old wanting your attention makes it very different to that pregnancy.
    If you're aware of doing things that you think aren't the healthiest - then that's a start to making positive changes for you and bub.

GOOD LUCK

Thanks
    Reviews
    of course you and bub will benefit with a switch to healthy living. better late than never is a cliche for a reason! And just think, you will feel better towards these later weeks when you really need a boost.

Thanks
    Reviews
    you taught me something through reading this, i never knew a pregnant woman and to sleep on her right side.
    I don't think it is ever to late. I have known Woman who have done a lot worse. I understand where you coming from. I been a bit worried that I might have had a miss carriage. As cos of scan I had other day. I got thinking, if It has been why? But I have known ppl who have not had the best habits while being pregnant. They drank and did drugs. Some have sadly lost it but some have had a healthy baby, the baby might have been on drugs but survived coming of it. They got a chance to have a healthy baby & even a chance to be pregnant, so why can't I have a chance to have the same thing as them. Just got to try and believe u can. You are not harming yourself like that with drugs, ect. You are trying your hardest. Anyway, don;t think I can say it any better then Northen has said. You can do it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not at all related but FYI. It's your LEFT side that's reccomended to sleep/lay.

I live in NSW, on the sunny central coast!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou ladies!! You all have excellent points and have given me that extra "oommfff" of motivation!

And yes, sorry youre right. The LEFT side. I did know that lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's never to late, making a change now will benefit both you and bubs, with my first pregnancy I ate a lot of junk at the start and ended up with gestational diabetes, so from 30 weeks was on a really strict diet, those last 8 weeks of healthy eating I think really helped me, I stopped putting on weight and got through labour drug free I think because I had the energy which I wouldn't have had if I kept on the sugary diet I was on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No worries and I agree with the others. Goodluck