+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I tried everything ..went to get her turned..but decided at last minute not to have her turned...had c sec at 38 weeks..
    good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    They will do a scan before they try and turn the baby anyway, so you shouldn't need to ask for one? They will check for things like cord around the neck, the amount of water around baby etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had an ECV with DD at 38 weeks - it wasn't painful just a bit uncomfortable. It was successful and I went on to have a natural birth. Good luck. For me the decision was easy - I really didn't want to have a c section so anything to try and help baby move I would've (and did) do. I had my bag packed in the car with me though just incase I had to have an emergency c section.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, thanks for sharing and your advice.

Just an update - I had the ECV today and our little girl didn't budge. It wasn't painful, but definitely uncomfortable. My OB is going to call me next week to book in a c-section.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by slf2205 View Post

Just an update - I had the ECV today and our little girl didn't budge. It wasn't painful, but definitely uncomfortable. My OB is going to call me next week to book in a c-section.
    Is that something your comfortable with? From what I have read the latest research shows that's it's safer to vb a breech than it is to do a Cs, don't get me wrong it's your choice, just putting it out there.

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (22-12-2011),Little-Pink-Hen  (22-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I couldn't read through and not reply.
    My bub was breached the entire time. I always could feel her head right up the top under my breast bone. When I was in the fetal maternal monitoring unit for another issue at 37+1w I asked the midwife was she breached and that's when they picked it up despite being through the high risk ob unit. A week later I was booked in for a csection. I know my bub wouldn't of turned she was extremely stubborn and I fell she just like sitting there. Even during the csection they needed to tug her out quite a bit.
    Dd needed a ultrasound at 6 and 8 weeks to check her hips she didn't need a brace.
    She was my first bub and I was terrified of a cs possibility and was hugely empowered and ready for labour. The only reason why I went through with the cs is I needed to deliver her ASAP and I was assured i could vbac next time. Which I'll be looking forward to doing in 30 weeks
    Good luck with your birth

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by slf2205 View Post

Sometimes they're breech for a reason, DS had a short cord and an abnormally large head it turns out. I'm extremely glad we went with the Obs advice and had the CS as a VB would most likely have been fatal.

I've had two amazing c-sections, I really recommend reading http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...be-Empowering! <-- this thread, it's all about wonderful c-section experiences, they're not as awful as people make them out to be, especially scheduled ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Is that something your comfortable with? From what I have read the latest research shows that's it's safer to vb a breech than it is to do a Cs, don't get me wrong it's your choice, just putting it out there.

I think it depends on the type of breech position the baby is in? Sometimes it's risky because of the likelihood of cord prolapse in a footling breech etc. don't get me wrong, I don't know much about footling breeches etc, but I think hospitals etc are more wary of footling breech positions as opposed to frank.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by UmmInayah View Post
    I think it depends on the type of breech position the baby is in? Sometimes it's risky because of the likelihood of cord prolapse in a footling breech etc. don't get me wrong, I don't know much about footling breeches etc, but I think hospitals etc are more wary of footling breech positions as opposed to frank.
    For sure there would be variations in risks depending on bubs exact positioning, I had a quick look through the ranzcog website and from the brief read I got the chance to do their stance was its up to the woman with a large focus on whether the woman wanted to have many children.

Sorry I can't post more now

Thanks
    Reviews
    BlissedOut, thanks for directing me to that thread. It was great to read so many positive stories and experiences.

At the end of the day I am comfortable with either a CS or VB as long as my little girl is healthy and I can hold her in my arms

Thanks again for all the info ladies and sharing your thoughts and experiences x