+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Last edited by swizzlestick; 23-12-2011 at 20:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelbygirl View Post
    Ok, well this is the story, please judge away because if I am totally wrong like I was told, I'd rather know for next time!

So, DS (17mo) has had an ear infection and off his food for over a week, we have been giving him as much milk as he wants in that time (strike 1), then yesterday he had wanted cruskits, so he had them and
    Milk til his hearts content (strike 2) but then today (the biggest of my failures) I was eating KFC, and he was eating my popcorn chicken, which I thought was a major score since he hasn't eaten anything all week, so I bought him his own for dinner (strike 3) which he has happily eaten an entire large box, and is now eating another cruskit. Now ALL week including today he has been offered all different types of foods, fruit, veg, yoghurt, EVERYTHING and not even touched it, I was hoping by giving him what he wanted I would pique his appetite (which I'm hoping I have)!
    Am I a terrible mother for letting my 17mo old eat KFC! Please dont dob me into DOCS if I am, just educate me
    Of course you aren't! Ok, if that's all he ever ate in his entire life (I'm talking breakfast, lunch, dinner EVERY SINGLE DAY) then it wouldn't get you mother of the year lol. BUT there is nothing wrong with him snacking on it occasionally and if it were me on your position I would do the same! You did the right thing by offering other food first. But yeah, wouldn't recommend letting KFC be his main food source all the time. Every now and then is fine

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Who told you off for giving your sick toddler milk & cruskits? Tell them to shove their opinions up there A...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

Izy  (08-12-2011),Mod-Myztik  (08-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You aren't a bad mother at all!

Its not like you are letting him eat it all day every day!!

Sent from my GT-I9000M using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    You arent a bad mum AT ALL! when my kids ar that sick they are off food I generally dont try to get them to eat anything but over a week and no food anything is better than nothing. Dont feel guilty at all! its not like thats his main dietary source.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    that is totally ok in my book. you are feeding a sick kid whatever he will eat.
    its not like you're saying for the next year all youre giving him is milk, biscuits and popcorn chicken

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

Izy  (08-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteyshun View Post
    You aren't a bad mother at all!

Its not like you are letting him eat it all day every day!!

Sent from my GT-I9000M using BubHub
    This everyone deserves a treat and eating is important especially when you're sick and trying to recover

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD will always without fail eat tinned spaghetti. While it's not the most nutritious, it's one thing she will eat no matter how sick/ tired/ cranky she is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think you did anything wrong at all. If my DS hadn't eaten for a week, he could eat whatever he wanted and I would just be happy that he had some food in his belly!!

As for mango sorbet - YUM!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aw Hun, you're not a bad mother. You did what you had to do. Personally, I don't give my son KFC, but if it's not everyday then you really shouldn't beat yourself up. As for the milk and cruskits, that just seems normal to me. I can't understand why someone would tell you off. Relax, you are doing fine.