+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emzluvbub View Post
    I found facebook much better to bond with the girls. We are all really close. I don't understand the whole 'privacy' argument as these groups are closed and no one at all can see that you are a) a part of one and b) what you are saying.

I also stopped posting in my due date group when there were comments from the ones who didn't want to go on facebook about how much 'better' it was now and how they could keep up. That offended me and I felt like we weren't even welcome there anymore because we like to talk.

As for the private social groups on here, I just feel not 'cool' enough when there is talk about something that happened on one and I'm not part of it.
    Emzluvbub - I didn't realise you were offended by us saying that? It was never intended to be a *****y senitment, but rather a few non-Fbers trying to cover up our disappointment that the group left us behind and focus on any kind of positive we could find. Those comments never implied that some people in the group talked to much. Just us looking at an empty thread and trying to see what was good about it.
    Personally I felt really abandonned by the DIG for migrating to FB instead of using it as a supplement. All of a sudden, within a few days, the chat thread was empty (you could hear the crickets) and even though some of us voiced that we couldn't/wouldn't move to FB, hardly any of the original group came back to chat with those of us left behind. I had been really looking forward to having a DIG when I fell pregnant this time and I felt really disappointed when the group disappeared and I no longer had that support network.

BHEDITOR - to answer your OP. I chose not to move to FB because I want to keep BH separate from my real life. I use FB to stay in touch with close friends and network with colleagues. It isn't really a space I feel comfortable mixing with my on-line version of myself (through which I reveal all kinds of personal things I'd never share IRL). But in choosing not to move, I basically lost my Due In group, which was a disappointment.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy in the Sky For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (08-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    I personally feel fb is easier to knowing people than on bh. Social groups also dont work on the apps either. I am in a few but rarely use them as always on my phone when using bh

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub
    I am on my mobile only and access social groups.

I feel confronted by fb myself with all the little groups on there and people mentioning other members by name and posting links to their profile, etc. makes me want to leave bh and deactivate fb then create another acct under my mother's maiden name or something.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (08-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dig moved to FB and it is much easier to have random chats, share photos and links and form a personal bond. It is easier to keep track of bite size threads. I must admit I hardly ever come to BH anymore, FB is much easier.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Bubhub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to changethestars For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (08-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I am on my mobile only and access social groups.
    Through the full website? Ok, it is possible, but its a massive, massive pain and can be expensive to load a full website with multiple images, ads and graphics for those who use mobile internet. On the mobile version of the website it wasn't possible to use the social groups, and in the applications it isn't possible to use social groups.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (08-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    Through the full website? Ok, it is possible, but its a massive, massive pain and can be expensive to load a full website with multiple images, ads and graphics for those who use mobile internet. On the mobile version of the website it wasn't possible to use the social groups, and in the applications it isn't possible to use social groups.
    Yes it looks the same on here as on the computer, plus I have a $49/month plan with no risk of going over.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (08-12-2011),trishalishous  (08-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Most of our DIG Moved to FB. I have free FB on my mobile so i can access it easier. Its also easier to chat on there. Its also more private, and i can swear and talk about things i wouldnt talk about on the open forum . I can never remember how to find the social groups on here either.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to IndigoJ For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (08-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's just easier, and more convenient.

Even with the 'area' groups, the chat threads move *so* quickly, and you fall behind so quickly, whereas with FB you can keep up easier.

I totally get people wanting to keep the two private, but i've just ended up changing my surname to something fake on FB, so that i can add people i don't know IRL without that security risk. (well, its still a security risk, but at least i'm not broadcasting everything i post).

As a business i have no idea how you could change it back though, i certainly prefer to keep my private discussions on a private group, and i really dislike the social groups on bh. they're just too cumbersome for me (even though 50% of my usage is on a computer), i'll just forget they exist, or not check them and then fall behind, just too hard

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gandalf For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (08-12-2011),trishalishous  (08-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies everyone. And thanks for being honest!

I guess the other question is: what keeps you guys coming back to bh. What is bh offering that facebook isn't?

Oops. That is 2 questions ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bheditor View Post
    what keeps you guys coming back to bh. What is bh offering that facebook isn't?
    The first one? curiosity and boredom

Not sure what its offering that facebook isn't. I guess, it is the new and different opinions. Most of my parenting related things on facebook are very AP (sometimes too AP for me) so i guess, in some ways its more real? they're real parents, who will tell the truth even if they admit to breaking some of their own rules. But its also the other side of the fence. the mother's that i probably dont' converse with as much on facebook because the exposure isn't there? [i don't like to get into debates - but i will occasionally read sections that i disagree with, just because it is interesting to see the same issues that i deal with, and how other mums deal with them - even if its just to go 'ah yep, no didn't work for this many mums, so i'm just not going to try because its obviously not the magic solution'].

[sorry if that made no sense - been a long day ]

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Gandalf For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (09-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Larger variety and I don't have to have a Facebook account lol.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to mummykitty For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (09-12-2011)