+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I found facebook much better to bond with the girls. We are all really close. I don't understand the whole 'privacy' argument as these groups are closed and no one at all can see that you are a) a part of one and b) what you are saying.

I also stopped posting in my due date group when there were comments from the ones who didn't want to go on facebook about how much 'better' it was now and how they could keep up. That offended me and I felt like we weren't even welcome there anymore because we like to talk.

As for the private social groups on here, I just feel not 'cool' enough when there is talk about something that happened on one and I'm not part of it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emzluvbub For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (08-12-2011),kiarahsmum  (13-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm not keen mix RL with BH too much. I have a couple on my FB, and I see others pop up, but on the whole I like to keep them separate.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (08-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Our DIG moved to FB and became even closer. We chat about a whole bunch of things now and photo and link sharing is easier. We can share any links we want and talk about anything without worrying about rules.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elleandsam For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (08-12-2011),MrsBeee  (08-12-2011),trishalishous  (08-12-2011)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    we moved to FB for a variety of reasons. Many have been mentioned here already (more personal, private and convenient), also it's so easy to share photos in the group on FB, and also we have quite a few WAHMs who weren't allowed to talk about their business in much detail in our DIG.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (08-12-2011),MrsBeee  (08-12-2011)

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    oh yeh i just realised - i have a couple of BH friend on FB so i can keep in touch etc. but i am also a member of a private FB ttc page - so they don't have access to my private FB page but is easy to post pics, chat and keep in touch. I think only 1 or maybe 2 of them are proper FB friends that can see everything.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (08-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have HEAPS of hubbers on my FB, some from my previous DD threads, some are people I have met IRL, some don't come on BH anymore so we keep in touch via FB, some are just so awesome that I keep in contact via BH and FB

As for FB groups, I use the groups on FB and BH - FB because it is easier and their is more privacy. But depending on what the group is for, some can turn quite nasty and bishy, i've left some Fb groups because of all the gossip. Others (especially my birth group) are really lovely! I find that not many people post in my BH birth group because it was almost 4 years ago, most members don't come on BH anymore or rarely come on or are busy in other threads.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlemissmetal For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (08-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For a start, on Facebook I can stop certain people reading what I write by blocking them. I can't do that on BH.
    It's easier on fb too, as its fully accessible VIA mobile. BH social groups aren't and I'm not on the computer enough to he able to keep up with social groups, and due in groups or birth groups aren't private enough for me to stay and participate, posting updates of my children, possibly photos.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (08-12-2011),trishalishous  (08-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    For a start, on Facebook I can stop certain people reading what I write by blocking them. I can't do that on BH.
    It's easier on fb too, as its fully accessible VIA mobile. BH social groups aren't and I'm not on the computer enough to he able to keep up with social groups, and due in groups or birth groups aren't private enough for me to stay and participate, posting updates of my children, possibly photos.
    This is pretty much my situation aswell. There just ins't enough privacy on BH, I have had to cut back alot of my posts and cant vent on BH anymore because certain posts of mine have been leaking into RL causing unwanted drama.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlemissmetal For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (08-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Plus with Facebook and Facebook groups we are able to have group chat conversations within fb groups, or compile group chats using fb friends.
    Bubhub doesn't have a chat function anymore, which is a pity.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (08-12-2011),naebie  (18-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I like them for different reasons. For keeping up to date with people (due in groups etc) I find FB easier - being able to post topics then comment on them individually is much easier than trying to remember everything you wanted to say and multiquote. I found with BH I would always mean to catch up on personals but since I had to sit down and do it, I never had time. Then I'd get more behind and it would be even more of an effort. FB you can quickly post a comment on a post and see everything you want to reply to easier, if that makes sense?

For questions that I want a wide variety of opinions on I prefer BH.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mezmerised For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (08-12-2011),MrsBeee  (08-12-2011)