+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSudgestionator View Post
    I havnt read the whole thread, only your 1st post. But thought I'd let you know my DH is on good money & I work PT and the gov pays 58% (all up) of DDs care UPTO 24 hours pr week. So in other words I only have to pay 42% of the overall cost for the first 24 hours, any additional hours I pay 100% of the cost.

Dds only there 1 day a week. She needs it more then I do. While I do enjoy lunch with the girls or doing the shopping in peace, shes in care to learn to socialize (something she struggles with) and also to help form good eatting habits. So far she's doing great with both.
    because you get 58% ccb that does not mean they pay 58% of the fees it is worked out on a hourly rate of $3.80ish that is where alot of parents go wrong

say your centre is open for 12 hours per day and charges $70 so you divide $70 by 12 = $5.83 per hour then the gov will pay up to $3.80 of that per hour so if your on 100% they will pay $3.80 out of the $5.83 where as your on 58% which means they pay 58% of the $3.80 which means they pay around $2.20 per hour which leaves you with a balance of $3.63 per hour x 12 hours which is around $43 i have probably just confused a few ppl with this but it is based on the $3.80 not the full fee

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mumma2ajem For This Useful Post:

Izy  (09-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSudgestionator View Post
    Oh and PP is kinda right. If my DD needed to be incare because I (as the main care giver) worked more then 15 hrs a week, the give would subsidize an extra 15 hours. So insted of 24 hrs I'd get 39 hrs at 58% off full care cost.
    and you either get 25 hours if you dont work or work under 15 hrs per week or 50 hours if you work over 15 hours they dont do it in 15 hr lots

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am sahm I put DS at daycare since he's 3,5 years old. He goes 5 days a week I drop him at 8.30 and pick him up at 5 pm.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I put both mine in occ care 3 or 5 hours a week since they were 1yo. Cost aside, do it! Its great for your sanity esp if you have no break otherwise. And particularly if you get a good feel about the centre

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Only claim to work if you are in paid work. Otherwise you are committing fraud.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Izy  (09-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Only claim to work if you are in paid work. Otherwise you are committing fraud.
    Volunteering & studying get the same CCR result.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleTime View Post
    Volunteering & studying get the same CCR result.
    Yes I know but a pp said to just tell them you work. The same with studying or volunteering, only say you are if you are, otherwise it's dishonest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Yes I know but a pp said to just tell them you work. The same with studying or volunteering, only say you are if you are, otherwise it's dishonest.
    ditto and it is ppl like that who wreck it for the rest of us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy View Post
    Seriously I would be putting your child in care and not worrying about the rebates and benefits etc. Apply for them but expect nothing and be pleasently surprised if you qualify.

I WILL suggest one thing though. More of a pleading request. PLEASE make it known that you are flexible for your day. If somone needs the day you have, you can swap. I say that because it can be so hard to get work to give you hours you need when you need that income. And to try and have work line up with daycare is like trying to play jenga in an earthquake.
    I'm putting DS in one day a week next year on a Thursday. I don't know if it's all centers but the ones I spoke to you still have to pay for public holidays even if they are shut.
    I'd think about changing to a Wednesday, but not any other day for this reason.

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happygrl View Post
    I'm putting DS in one day a week next year on a Thursday. I don't know if it's all centers but the ones I spoke to you still have to pay for public holidays even if they are shut.
    I'd think about changing to a Wednesday, but not any other day for this reason.
    Unless it is occasional care than yes, I believe so.