+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    CCB and CCR are different things and clearly by some people's responses they are getting them confused........again!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggflip For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (08-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a SAHM and I put my dd1 into childcare 1 day a week just after her first birthday. She still goes 1 day a week now and loves it as do I i will be putting dd2 in 1 day a week next year after her first birthday also. I am entitled to 24hrs a week per child on the rebate. Her fees are $71.60 per day and I only pay $54, however I'm not entitled to 50% of that back coz I don't work. I get about 5% annually lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    I thought parents that work have priority?
    Yes that's correct but parents don't have to prove they work, I guess they just say they are!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone. I tried to call centre link today but was on hold for about 3 hrs which I don't gave time for.
    I don't work study or anything & dh earns over $200k so if anything is means tested we won't qualify (please don't judge me for what he earns, this is why he works such long hrs)
    DD will be 15 mths next Jan when I expect to put her in care by the way

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am confused

I just went to Centrelink Website and looked up eligibility for child care rebate (Not Benefit I know the difference) it says to be eligible
    "you and your partner meet the work, training or study requirements"
    http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne...r_eligible.htm

However when I click on the link that explains the work, training, study requirements it takes me to Family Assistance Office website which clearly says the following
    "If you are using approved care, you will get up to 24 hours of Child Care Benefit per child per week without having to meet the work, training, study test."
    http://www.familyassist.gov.au/payme...study-test.php

This clearly tells me that the two days DS is in day care I should be eligible for a return of 50% of out of pocket expenses (I am not working, looking for work or studying at the moment and my income is below any thresholds)

Is this not correct?????

However the guide to family assistance is not quite as clear although I am interpreting to only apply to above 24 hours of childcare per week
    http://www.facs.gov.au/guides_acts/f...guide-2.9.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    Seriously I would be putting your child in care and not worrying about the rebates and benefits etc. Apply for them but expect nothing and be pleasently surprised if you qualify.

I WILL suggest one thing though. More of a pleading request. PLEASE make it known that you are flexible for your day. If somone needs the day you have, you can swap. I say that because it can be so hard to get work to give you hours you need when you need that income. And to try and have work line up with daycare is like trying to play jenga in an earthquake.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

MrsBeee  (08-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Manny. You will get CCR.
    • The Child Care Rebate pays up to 50% of your out of pocket expenses for child care up to an annual cap. From 1 July 2011 the Child Care Rebate annual cap is $7,500 per child per year.
    • It is NOT income tested, so you may be eligible to receive it even if you don’t get the Child Care Benefit from your fees.
    I dont know what people are talking about on here saying they cant get CCR... Go online and fill in a claim. You do 'work' at home everyday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miss sparkle View Post
    I am confused

I just went to Centrelink Website and looked up eligibility for child care rebate (Not Benefit I know the difference) it says to be eligible
    "you and your partner meet the work, training or study requirements"
    http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne...r_eligible.htm

However when I click on the link that explains the work, training, study requirements it takes me to Family Assistance Office website which clearly says the following
    "If you are using approved care, you will get up to 24 hours of Child Care Benefit per child per week without having to meet the work, training, study test."
    http://www.familyassist.gov.au/payme...study-test.php

This clearly tells me that the two days DS is in day care I should be eligible for a return of 50% of out of pocket expenses (I am not working, looking for work or studying at the moment and my income is below any thresholds)

Is this not correct?????

However the guide to family assistance is not quite as clear although I am interpreting to only apply to above 24 hours of childcare per week
    http://www.facs.gov.au/guides_acts/f...guide-2.9.html
    You can use 24 hours of care subsidised by CCB or 50 hours if you work/study/look for work for 15 hours per week or more. If you qualify for 50 hours (which is also for parents with a disability, parents with a child who has a disability, parents who are carers for another person with a disability, or parents or guardians who are involved with child safety) then you also qualify for the CCR but if you do not qualify for CCR you may still have reduced fees by way of CCB for 24 hours a week.

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I havnt read the whole thread, only your 1st post. But thought I'd let you know my DH is on good money & I work PT and the gov pays 58% (all up) of DDs care UPTO 24 hours pr week. So in other words I only have to pay 42% of the overall cost for the first 24 hours, any additional hours I pay 100% of the cost.

Dds only there 1 day a week. She needs it more then I do. While I do enjoy lunch with the girls or doing the shopping in peace, shes in care to learn to socialize (something she struggles with) and also to help form good eatting habits. So far she's doing great with both.

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and PP is kinda right. If my DD needed to be incare because I (as the main care giver) worked more then 15 hrs a week, the give would subsidize an extra 15 hours. So insted of 24 hrs I'd get 39 hrs at 58% off full care cost.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast