+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    Nope. I've never had too. The only thing I needed to enter into an agreement for was to increase my hours. Centrelink were the ones who told me I was able to get the CCR.

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app
    but if you are not working at all be careful because eventually it could take years they will realize and then you will owe them $$$$$ it happened to a friend of mine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I work in the industry so have accurate knowledge of Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate, I really shake my head at centrelink staff though sometimes, quite a number of them have no idea.
    If you work/study/train/volunteer for less than 15 hrs you are eligible for ccb for up to 25 hrs a week
    If you work/study/train/volunteer for more than 15 hrs you are eligible for ccb for up to 50 hrs a week
    CCB is worked out on a sliding scale depending on income
    If you work/study/train/volunteer for any amount of time during the week you are eligible for CCR.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mumma2ajem View Post
    do you work at all ? just asking because it seems centrelink have changed it this is off the site

How do I meet the test for the Child Care Rebate?

You and your partner only have to participate in work related commitments at some time during a week or have an exemption. No minimum number of hours is required.
    Originally (for the first 4 years), no I wasn't. And I had spoken to centrelink several times about it to make sure it was correct, and was told everything is good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    RE what you're entitled to, call clink, we can argue all day but they'll be able to tell you for sure.
    I would do it if you need the break. I'm putting DD into care one day a week next year for this reason. I just need a bit of a time out, and with a new bub due next year I would like to have some time just for the new bub and I too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyboys View Post
    I work in the industry so have accurate knowledge of Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate, I really shake my head at centrelink staff though sometimes, quite a number of them have no idea.
    If you work/study/train/volunteer for less than 15 hrs you are eligible for ccb for up to 25 hrs a week
    If you work/study/train/volunteer for more than 15 hrs you are eligible for ccb for up to 50 hrs a week
    CCB is worked out on a sliding scale depending on income
    If you work/study/train/volunteer for any amount of time during the week you are eligible for CCR.
    t
    hat is exactly right although i have just realised they have changed the ccr from being a minimum of 15 hrs of work/study/volunteer to any amount of hours when did this come into play i have just came back into the child care sector from mat leave someone said it came in with the new CCR rules which made payments to the centre available

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    Originally (for the first 4 years), no I wasn't. And I had spoken to centrelink several times about it to make sure it was correct, and was told everything is good.

id ring them again or even go in and get them to print out a letter stating that you are entitled to it and who has told you id hate for you to be left with a big bill sometimes all the staff have different answers at least if you have it in writing it will be someone elses problem and not yours when they realise

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBeee View Post
    RE what you're entitled to, call clink, we can argue all day but they'll be able to tell you for sure.
    I would do it if you need the break. I'm putting DD into care one day a week next year for this reason. I just need a bit of a time out, and with a new bub due next year I would like to have some time just for the new bub and I too.
    even when ringing centrelink you cant get straight answers although if you start a thread about centrelink payments int he finance section there is actually a centrelink person who answers the questions

Thanks
    Reviews
    How come people I know who don't work or study have their kids in daycare for 2 or 3 days a week and pay $10 a day? Genuine question I'm wondering how it works.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    How come people I know who don't work or study have their kids in daycare for 2 or 3 days a week and pay $10 a day? Genuine question I'm wondering how it works.
    for anyone who does not work study etc they are entitled to up to 25 hours care with ccb rates ( when i say 25 hrs that goes on the centre opening times so a center that is 6am-6pm is classed as 12 hours not just the hours you use ) which means it usually always equates to 2 days of care anymore then that they pay full fees for the extra day or they are dodgying the system but there are also special cases ppl on carers allowance , people whose kids are at risk, parents who have a known medical condition / mental health ( although you have to qualify for all these you just cant say i have xyz etc ) , foster parents etc

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mumma2ajem For This Useful Post:

Janesmum123  (08-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    There are 2 separate payments or allowances. There is CCB (Child Care Benefit) and CCR (child care rebate). They are not one and the same thing. The $10 a day would be their CCB not their CCR. Have a look on the centrelink website.

If you earn to much to qualify for CCB you may still qualify for CCR which you can choose to either be paid directly to you or to the service provider.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PomPoms For This Useful Post:

Janesmum123  (08-12-2011)