+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mumma2ajem View Post
    for me i would not put a 13 month old in care when i was not working however that is just me and every family / person is different and every child is different so it is a individual thing from a childcare workers perspective also there is no social reason that a child that age needs to be in care as they get enough from home with mummy but once again every family is different and everyones well being circumstances are different

again
    I'm going to be honest and say I think the bit of your post I have quoted is a bit un called for. Sure you may not put a 13 month old in care for one day a week, OP sounds as though she could really use it. She stated she felt a bit guilty about it however also said her husband works long hours and she really needs the break.

My ds goes to daycare one day a week. I go to uni, but he still goes during all the holidays when I have nothing on. He, as an only child has gained heaps from going. I used to work in childcare too, so I can see it from a 'child care workers prospective'.
    Last edited by Bernard.Manny.Fran; 08-12-2011 at 16:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpottySocks View Post
    My sister is on maternity leave and her older child goes to family day care 2 days a week - she gets the child care rebate even though she is not at work. She actually gets a higher rebate now than she did when she was working , I think because they are on a lower combined income, although I'm not really sure how it works!

Would be worth registering for to find out if you are eligible.
    if you are on paid or unpaid mat leave you are still entitled

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Sorry, crashing thread but I'm fairly sure SAHMs are entitled to rebate for one or two days for the sake of respite with Centrelink. I'd give them a call TBH and find out exactly what you would be entitled to
    you will get your CCB but not CCR

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard.Manny.Fran View Post
    I'm going to be honest and say I think the bit of your post I have quoted is a bit un called for. Sure you may not put a 13 month old in care for one day a week, OP sounds as though she could really use it. She stated she felt a bit guilty about it however also said her husband works long hours and she really needs the break.

My ds goes to daycare one day a week. I go to uni, but he still goes during all the holidays when I have nothing on. He, as an only child has gained heaps from going. I used to work in childcare too, so I can see it from a 'child care workers prospective'.
    how is it uncalled for she asked for opinions i agve mine and as i clearly stated EVERY CHILD / FAMILY IS DIFFERENT AND HAVE DIFFERENT NEEDS not once did i say dont do it your horrible your being lazy blah blah blah i wrote my post nicely so i dont think it was un called for it was a honest opinion which was asked

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mumma2ajem View Post
    you will get your CCB but not CCR
    Yes, you do.

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    Yes, you do.

t
    o be eligable for ccr you need to work at least 15 hours per week and/or be studying or be on paid/unpaid leave

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes, you do.

No you don't. You have to need to work/study agreement to receive CCR. Trust me, I tried to get CCR on grounds of being mentally unstable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    taken from centrelink website

If you are using approved care, you will get up to 24 hours of Child Care Benefit per child per week without having to meet the work, training, study test.

If you wish to claim between 24 and 50 hours of Child Care Benefit per child per week, you have to show that you and your partner have work related commitments for:

at least 15 hours a week; or
    30 hours a fortnight; or
    have an exemption.
    Last edited by RmumR; 08-12-2011 at 17:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have always received CCR. The only thing I had to prove I was looking for work for was to increase my eligible daycare hours from 24 a week to 50 a week.

Read my post again. I said you need to be working, LOOKING for work, studying or volemteering more than 15 hours a week. You don't get it if your not doing one of the above.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleTime View Post
    No you don't. You have to need to work/study agreement to receive CCR. Trust me, I tried to get CCR on grounds of being mentally unstable.
    Nope. I've never had too. The only thing I needed to enter into an agreement for was to increase my hours. Centrelink were the ones who told me I was able to get the CCR.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine are in 1 day a week I do not work look for work or study DH works casual we get 100% CCR for 1 and 110% CCR for the other. I didnt ask they just did it when I rang to register them (centrelink)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleTime View Post
    Nope. I've never had too. The only thing I needed to enter into an agreement for was to increase my hours. Centrelink were the ones who told me I was able to get the CCR.

do you work at all ? just asking because it seems centrelink have changed it this is off the site

How do I meet the test for the Child Care Rebate?

You and your partner only have to participate in work related commitments at some time during a week or have an exemption. No minimum number of hours is required.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mumma2ajem For This Useful Post:

AliG  (08-12-2011)