+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Thanks everyone 

Yes I do give him another feed, but he just starts cooing at me ready to play! He wont just keep playing in his cot either yet, he cries out knowing I'm right beside him (too little to move upstairs to own room yet).

But if i bring him in to bed with me then usually he will sleep for another hour. I just wasn't sure if I should do this or whether I'd be setting myself up for an even bigger problem down the track! Glad to know other mummies do this too  Hopefully this is just a short term thing then. Thanks again!
    Do what works for you and don't worry what other mummies do I WISH my little boy wanted morning snuggles with me but he never does Enjoy! And he'll change once you get used to it anyway, babies!

PS. My DS is nearly 7mths and is still in our room, I don't know if I'll ever be ready to move him!

Quote Originally Posted by lupa View Post
    You could try solids.
    Start with a 1/2 to 1 teaspoon at night after a feed. Make sure it's the same sweetness if not sweeter than milk, ie. 70% potato, 30% carrot or apple etc. Take a few days to get used to it, but should do the trick!

lupa is offline I love that I am apart of this club called motherhood
    Thanks
    Reviews
    wow! if I'd known I would get this response I never would have posted. Apologies... It's what my sleep doctor recommended me and many other children, not just something I came up with myself.

I hope things work out for you in whatever way you go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow I am surprised a doctor would recommend any child to be fed solids before the age of 4 months. I am sure their are other methods to help assist a baby that young to sleep better in the night (not sleep "in" because I don't think that is an issue at all, just normal behavior).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Geez ladies! We're not in primary school anymore. I don't agree with feeding a bub before 4 months old but no need to say it in such a nasty way.

Back to the issue at hand.. Is his room really dark? Maybe you could pop some black cardboard on parts of his window. Would a dummy put him to sleep at all?
    Also, after his too up feed, maybe you could keep him in his cot while you sit next to the cot & try not to interact with him. Don't even make eye contact & keep it dark & quiet. Hopefully he'll realize that there's nothing exciting to wake up for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My bubs all had solids around 12 weeks old. They were not pushing them out and would get quite excited to eat so I gave it to them.Just started off with pumpkin, apple etc and none of my babies are struggling because of it. In fact, both of them are the best sleepers I know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interesting side note: Was talking to MIL today, she said when she had DF (1977) the solids introduction age was 3 weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    They go in an out of phases. One thing I could think of is that perhaps its lighter at that time of day now and it seems like its day time when bub wakes up, and therefore thinks its time to get up for the day?
    My 5 month old was terrible at waking early as my DH would get up for work at 4:45 and if he woke for a feed at that time, he would hear the noises going on in the house so would think its awake time. But if he woke that early he would always be back down for a nap within an hour. It's absolutely normal for sleeping to go from good to bad and back again. For a week every month my son forgets how to sleep, but somehow fixes himself and sleeps well again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and I know everyone has different ideas about feeding solids, but just so you know they won't necessarily assist in longer sleeping. My ds is a very big boy (over 8kg at 4 months from breastmilk only) and the dr suggested giving him food because he had started feeding more regularly and was always trying to grab food from mine and dh's hands. I eventually gave in and started giving him little bits of food. While I don't regret giving him food although I was determined to exclusively bf until 6 months - he LOVES his food, it in no way helped his sleep or made him sleep any longer..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks again everyone....sadly it's still continuing, lol! I was hoping it was going to just be a temporary thing, but sadly no 

I've tried all suggestions (apart from feeding, thanks but I feel like he's too little yet). The room is very dark too...the only thing I don't want to try is leaving him there to make a lot of noise, as I don't want him waking DH that early when he has to work long days. I've tried different bed times but he still wakes between 5-6am regardless.

Has anyone had any joy with the Save Our Sleep routines? She claims her routines make ALL kids sleep until 7am, so curious if anyone has tried this? If so, how long did it take?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Actually strike my last post - I just searched the reviews of SOS and it's clearly a very divided topic!!