+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Frozen Embryo Cycle In Progress! Panic overload!!!!

Tomorrow I am having my scan for ovulation before they can carry out the transfer. Truth be told I was handling it well until now! I don't know why but the nerves have just started, it's only a scan! Does anyone know roughly how long this cycle roughly takes. Any any positive stories would be greatly appreciated, trying to keep my calm but the anxiety is kicking in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,Are you just having a scan (ultra sound) done tomorrow? If so it is generally painless and it does not take very long to do. They may want to give you a blood test as well just to be sure, to check your hormones. If you are on a natural cycle and about to ovulate the Clinic will book you in for a transfer date. This is all exciting!

There should be nurses at your clinic that can help you with any questions, they are generally really supportive and helpful.

Easy to say, but try and stay calm, take a deep breath, keep positive and it will all be fine!

I am having a frozen transfer tomorrow, this will be my third frozen transfer this year. I had one frozen transfer January this year and another in February. The embryo from January did not take, there was a pregnancy from the transfer in February, but I had an amnio in April that ruptured my waters and I lost the baby at 15wks.

I had a fresh cycle in October, two embryos transferred, with no pregnancy. Tomorrow we will be having two frozen embryos transferred. I too am feeling a little nervous, but I am also exited as well about the possibility that I may get pregnant, I am hoping so fingers crossed.

Enough about me, take a deep breath and keep positive, say to yourself that it is a good thing and be excited that your transfer will work.

All the very best!

Kind Regards
    zannah

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi SWW, personally I have always found FETs to be far less stressful than a fresh cycle - fewer drugs and at least you don't have the uncertainty of whether you will have any embryos! After they confirm ovulation and check your lining is just right then it is 5 days later for a blastocyst transfer (obviously only 2 days if that is when your emby was frozen). My lining was a bit thin so I was put on Progynova to thicken it up. It all worked because I am now pregnant with a "frosty"! Try to stay calm - I'm sending you all positive vibes that it will work for you and give you a BFP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zannah: I got my fingers and toes crossed for you. I hope your time is not and I'm begging my time is too. Going numb hoping for a positive I only had one frozen so il have to do a full cycle again if it's a negative : (

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trying for two: That has given me that glimmer of hope. I suppose I could say I'm used to being in control lol and now I have absolutely none. I'm thinking about doing Accupuncture alongside hoping that will increase my chances! I hope this is the cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi SWW - I have had 3 Fet's 2 of which have given me my BFP's (DD and Baby on board). I think FET's are a lot less stressful on your body. Go Team FET.

Best of luck to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey, all of these ladies have given you such clear and accurate info so I won't repeat it, but I am another FET success! Had my first FET on 24th September and am now 14 weeks pregnant! I think the reason a FET is stressful is that you have most likely had a BFN with your stim cycle? I know I found it stressful just because I was a lot more aware of the heartbreak of a BFN, but in term of the physical aspect, a FET is much easier. Good luck, hopefully you will be joining the BFP group soon! Fingers crossed for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

I too am having an FET tomorrow. It's my second cycle ( first was a stim cycle with 1 6 day blast transferred last month - didn't take). This cycle had been natural, with no drugs at all. However, the only tests my FS has done is the blood tests to confirm ovulation. I've had no scans at all to look at the lining or anything else. Strange?
    Also- the nurse today was chatting to me and said that it was often good to do a transfer the month after a stim cycle, as it's still a very 'fertile' environment in there. Does anyone have thoughts on this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeGirl View Post
    Hi all,

I too am having an FET tomorrow. It's my second cycle ( first was a stim cycle with 1 6 day blast transferred last month - didn't take). This cycle had been natural, with no drugs at all. However, the only tests my FS has done is the blood tests to confirm ovulation. I've had no scans at all to look at the lining or anything else. Strange?
    Also- the nurse today was chatting to me and said that it was often good to do a transfer the month after a stim cycle, as it's still a very 'fertile' environment in there. Does anyone have thoughts on this?
    My FET was all natural too with no scans, just blood tests. I guess it depends on your history and fertility issues?. My FS said that it's best to have a month off after a stim as your body needs to get back to normal after all of the hormones and because quite often you won't ovulate after a stim.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ShazieB View Post
    My FET was all natural too with no scans, just blood tests. I guess it depends on your history and fertility issues?. My FS said that it's best to have a month off after a stim as your body needs to get back to normal after all of the hormones and because quite often you won't ovulate after a stim.
    I definitely ovulated, so all good there.... I suppose each FS has slightly different theories! We did it straight away to make the most of the Medicare rebate before end of year!