+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week

Default Book Depository and lost books - any experience?

I purchased a LOR book set from the Book Depository in the UK, and it was dispatched 18 Nov and has not arrived. Contacted the BD who said it def should be here by now and that they don't provide tracking

I'm waiting to hear back from them with the different time zones, but I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with this company and whether they will replace the books?

I'm really p*ssed off, not only were they worth $50, I am going to struggle to get another replacement in time for Xmas, plus we don't want to buy another set for the other books to show up (could have been held up in customs but without tracking who knows?) What's worse is that the BD didn't provide the option of paying more for insurance, I would have gladly paid another few bucks to cover this situation....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So sorry this has happened!! I order from them at least once a month and have never had problems. They have a special agreement with Aus Post which is why it's free delivery and other options aren't available.

It's a hard one. I sent someone to a person who bought something off me from eBay which went missing. She had chosen regular mail which I did, and had the PO receipt. As far as the buyer was concerned it was my fault, but I don't see how it could be? Anyway the point of this story is that unfortunately it may not be BD's fault. But they might replace for you as a goodwill gesture?

It's probably Aus Post! My item turned up at the buyer two months later!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    hm hard one my book depository ones have sometimes taken up to a month to arrive because of no stock etc but never havent received one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Buy local!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    Buy local!
    And pay triple!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    Buy local!
    Unfortunately the book set I bought was 3 times dearer locally. $50 vs $150 is a big difference and I've heard nothing but good thing about the BD.

I do believe BD did post it, but I do blame them inadverantly bc they don't provide the option of tracking at an extra cost. I've purchased things internationally before and it had tracking.

Really disappointed

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've used BD loads and never had books not turn up so I'm not sure what they might do to help you out if that's the case. But I have had orders that have taken weeks to get to me, even though the date posted on the books was within a few days of me ordering, so yours may still turn up. Fingers crossed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by lones View Post
    I've used BD loads and never had books not turn up so I'm not sure what they might do to help you out if that's the case. But I have had orders that have taken weeks to get to me, even though the date posted on the books was within a few days of me ordering, so yours may still turn up. Fingers crossed!
    that's encouraging to hear. It has been 3 weeks though *sigh*

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't stress TOO much yet My deliveries from bd usually take 10 working days, but it is a busy time of year for all postal services, and the international leg of the trip could be backlogged.

Might be worth checking with your local post office to see if the parcel is sitting there, you may have discarded the card with your junk mail or not received your first notification

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Yeah DH went to the PO this morning and it's not there. It's been 14 working days now (10 is what they say for oz). I just got a package and thought yay it's here! it was another xmas parcel I'd been waiting for lol

Guess I'll just wait and see....