+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    How incredibly insulting! You poor thing

What did you do in the end? What did you say to them...I hope you told them all where to go!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    And I thought my family was cr@p. I can't believe someone would do that. That is so, so very rude.

such a thoughtful gift too. I hope you took it back and told them just how rude and revolting they are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

If its too much for your little family to use, you could possibly find a 'charity' you like and donate it? Either one who will find it a home immediately, or maybe even one that does a 'feed the hungry' program?

It could make you feel lovely, and make a nice thing out of something so mean. If I was faced with eating the hamper I'd had my (supposedly) loved ones rudely refuse, I'd probably get just a little more bitter with every bite.

Merry Christmas! I'm sorry your family are being turds. Sometimes it just happens. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rude doesn't even begin to describe this!!!

If you can through your hurt try and see a positive - at least you tried, they have shown their true colours and now you can't feel bad if you cut them out!

Don't look back, don't bother with them! You and your DD deserve better than these poor excuses for grandparents!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    This had me I would be absolutely devastated if this happened to me. Take back the hampers, use them yourself and never buy them anything again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    that is the height of rudeness!! sorry you have to put up with that kind of behavour from your familly. big, big hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Omg huge
    That is AWFUL!!! so so SO rude!! What awful people, suppose that old saying 'you can't pick your family' holds true, at least you can decide not to have anything to do with them. So sorry for you, that was an incredibly thoughtful gift.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yep, quite rude.

Even if it's something you won't use/whatever, you accept it and TRY and use it, or flog parts of it off to people who will use it! The person giving the gift needn't know, and you just accept it graciously and with thanks.

Sorry that happened to you OP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rude doesn't cover it. Lack of Christmas Spirit doesn't even cover it. I don't know what that falls into but rude just does not cover it. It'd be rude if it were friends, rude if it were your brother even but your parents? Your Mum and Dad? The same people that are supposed to google over unidentified drawings done by their pre-schooler? That's.....that's.....cold and heartless.

somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, what jerks! That is so beyond rude that there really isn't even a word for it! What ***-hats! I would ring the salvos in their town, and let them know your parents address and tell them you have a food hamper you would like collected for charity, don't even warn your parents, just let them flounder when they turn up!