+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have recently put one on my DD 2 as she was having a terrible time with her molars. She has never played with them but I do take them off at night as I'm paranoid the will choke her!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My ds has his necklace on 24/ 7. If you buy a good quality one it should not break. My ds never even touches or riddles with his.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    They are being investigated by the consumer watchdog for possible recall - in the meantime this safety warning has been issued:

http://www.productsafety.gov.au/cont.../itemId/989385

http://www.productsafety.gov.au/cont.../itemId/989385

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I button DS2s into the top snap of his suit at night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    My ds has his necklace on 24/ 7. If you buy a good quality one it should not break. My ds never even touches or riddles with his.
    . Like I said my friend had a genuine one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought one for my son recently, I bought mine from ebay I got 2 one for my daughter 2yrs and one for my son 4 months, I had no idea about them until my mum told me about them, apparently its an old tradition, but ebay have them much cheaper than here if you don't mind waiting a bit longer for them, I got the 2 necklaces for $11 including postage, and they have a lot of colour varities, and necklaces, or bracelets or anklets, but like others said get ones with knotted string and a clasp that un does easily, I was hesitant at first to let them sleep with them, but they do, the necklaces are only short and i make sure to put it through a button, my son sleeps in a woombie so i loop it through the fastening just to be extra safe, but try it out, doesnt hurt to try my son seems a lot more settled with his, and my daughter doesn't get her skin rashes anymore, so glad I tried them
    good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    There's no way I'd use them. Far too risky for choking in my opinion. I'd be worried that a bead would break off & be swallowed, or that the necklace would get caught on things, etc. Not worth the risk in my opinion.