+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    So glad that DD's prep class is nothing like this.

We arrive yesterday for the Christmas Concert (DD isn't supposed to go to school for the last 2 weeks thanks to an operation). Anyway, as we walked past the gate to go in, 2 of her friends ran up screaming excitedly... one saying, "Chanel! Chanel! GIVE ME A KISS!"

Then once we were inside, we were bombared by Christmas cards... kids who had one for Chanel but had saved them as she hadn't been there. Boys and girls... all little sweethearts.

I imagine this must just happen with older kids... Christmas cards tended to be given to everyone in the class in DD's classroom.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS school has 'Pixie Post'. Cards (in envelopes marked with kids name and class) go into a big post box and then during the day 2 of the older kids in the school go from class to class handing out the cards.

DS handed a birthday invite to one of the kids in his class this year and the kid handed it straight back to DS saying 'I dont want this! I dont want to come to your birthday!!' ...I was heartbroken for DS but he just shrugged it off.

Kids can be soo cruel. I hope situations like this dont end things like bringing cards to school....but can see it happening.

Sparklydreamer is offline I might lack sleep, but I can dream...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Aw, that's horrible. Poor child.

DDs prep class have been so sweet, giving out cards to everyone, all excited. No one's refused or been nasty, its all one big love in at her class.

I would love for them to stay this sweet and friendly and inclusive forever. If only.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh, just reading that OP makes me so sad, School days are tough and it transported me back to when I was in grade 4 and proudly walked up to my friend who happened to be Jehova's Witness. I gave her the card and in front of everyone she promptly tore it up right there on the spot in front of me. I had no idea why and was devastated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    wow, that's horrible, I feel so sad for that child.

Ds1 has gotten cards from all his classmates and he also has written one for everyone. I made sure, he wrote to everyone, even though he doesn't get along with them all, just so that no one misses out and I explained to him, that he wouldn't like it, if everyone but him got a card.

mystical mumma is offline * ʇı ǝןoʇs sǝıɹıɐɟ ǝɥʇ ˙˙˙puıɯ ʎɯ ʇsoן ʇuǝʌɐɥ ı *
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My son refused to write one for one boy in his class, he is mean, disruptive and has cursed at my son. I asked ds if he wanted to give one to said boy, ds refused.

And y should he? He dislikes the child, he has had drama all year with this kid (being made to sit next to kid and kid breaks his pencils etc) so no, I wasn't going to make ds pretend to be friends with him.

I may be classed as a mean mum, but I won't force my child to give a friendly gesture to someone who I have spent all year teaching him to stay away from and ignore.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mystical mumma View Post
    My son refused to write one for one boy in his class, he is mean, disruptive and has cursed at my son. I asked ds if he wanted to give one to said boy, ds refused.

And y should he? He dislikes the child, he has had drama all year with this kid (being made to sit next to kid and kid breaks his pencils etc) so no, I wasn't going to make ds pretend to be friends with him.

I may be classed as a mean mum, but I won't force my child to give a friendly gesture to someone who I have spent all year teaching him to stay away from and ignore.
    I agree with you.

In Kindy and Pre primary, I got DS to write everyone a card because it was the nice thing to do. Now in yr1, I let him decide who he wanted to give cards to.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It makes me feel ill, like stressed out stomach pains when i read this kind of thing, we put up with hell at school, if this happened to ds who actually has written and given out a card to every person in his class (and not just to (name) from (my son) he has been thoughtfulmand written a nice message in every card.. I think it would be the last straw for me...

Why are kids so so cruel?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mine finished year 2 recently and we gave out no cards. She received half a dozen but most kids didn't hand out any. Some only gave a handful of cards to close friends. But these kids are 7/8/9 years old now.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    This is so heart breaking, for parents and children

DD is giving cards out to all her classmates on her last day of school, she is leaving a week early. She won't be getting any cards in return, but she probably wouldn't get them even if she stayed till the end of term.