+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Mum to 3 (two sons and a husband)

I recently informed DH that I feel more like his mum than his wife, seeing as:

If I didn't pick his clothes up from under the bed and wash them, he'd have to go naked

If I didn't prepare his meals for him, he'd starve

and If I didn't nag him about his personal affairs he'd end up in all sorts of trouble.

"Well don't", came his appreciative reply....

So when he calls this morning and says his run up the rear end of another car (thank goodness all are ok) and informs me his insurance has lapsed because the monthly payment has not been able to go through on his credit card and I haven't nagged him to pay it...

I WANT TO YELL AND SCREAM AND JUMP UP AND DOWN AND FLICK HIM BETWEEN THE EYES AND STAMP "I TOLD YOU SO" ON HIS FORE HEAD!!!

But because he has just had an accident and I'm meant to just be grateful that he is not hurt I eat a packet of chips and chocolate bar washed down with a bottle of coke to sit on top of all that suppressed rage!

Gees no wonder I'm carrying an extra 20kg than when we first met and am grayer than an old mare!.... ARGHHHH!

Thanks for listening to my rant
    Lucky there is no pound for husbands

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You poor thing! I'm glad he's ok but how frustrating about the insurance.

I often feel like DH's mother. I think it's an unfortunate, common affliction in many marriages.

Maybe you need to get yourself a boxing bag and gloves to take out your frustration...