+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Christmas activities to do with little kids.

I'm wanting to do some special Christmas things with DS1 while DS2 sleeps for his morning nap (2 hours). He likes crafts and cooking so I was thinking some decorations, cookies etc...

So far all I have for ideas is Christmas Chains and Candy Cane cookies made with the crushed candy canes or shortbread...

Any ideas?
    I thought this would be a good thread because I'm sure a lot of people would like some seasonal activities to do with the kids

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Subscribing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    -snowflakes
    -gingerbread (cookie cutters are always fun)
    -footprint/handprint art - making snowmen, reindeers, christmas tree's from different coloured prints
    -make salt dough, create christmas tree decoration (using cookie cutters?) - paint them, use them as gift tags, or put both boys finger prints on them as cute gifts
    -I'm not sure if you're doing the religious christmas route, so maybe use things like toilet roles or popsticks to make little nativety scenes?
    -create window scenes using paper and cellophane

thats all i can think of atm Happy crafting! if i think of anything else i'll probably come back

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thanks Gandalf!! Those are awesome ideas.

I feel bad for DS1 because I've just taken him out of daycare on his usual one day a week and its the time of year he would really enjoy doing these sorts of things there so trying to compensate, keep him busy and spend some special time together before the poor boy gets bombarded with another sibling lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    - buy the a pack of the plain xmas balls and let him decorate them, with glitter or stickers etc
    - if you go to a craft shop they sell completly blank cards (or you could buy card borad) they come in a pack of 20 for 4.99 and he could make everyone xmas cards
    - print of xmas pictures that he can colour in

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    We do the Christmas chains but I get a baking tray, line it with blank paper, squirt on some red and green paint and let him roll marbles around. Let all the paper dry then cut into strips and make the chains out of that. Kind of a bit more involved and personal than full red and green paper...more fun too

Might come back with more...watching Mythbusters and cant focus haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS1 glued Christmas wrap onto white card, then we cut it into bookmarks and he decorated them with stickers, glitter glue etc as mini gifts (painting the card rather than wrap would work but we had attention span issues )
    We made snowflakes out of paddle pop sticks glued together, painted them silver and sprinkled them with glitter. They look great on the tree
    He made a snowy wreath out of a strong paper plate with a hole in it covered in cotton wool and glitter glue, with ribbon, mini pine cones, mini Santa hats (as a pp showed) and boughs of holly made from green card and red pom poms

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    subscribing. I'm sure there was a thread like this a few days back too...

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    think everyone has the craft covered for the baking side how about making a gingerbread house to decorate / or you can buy a kit for cheap which comes with everything you need. could be a fun activity to decorate it

- making chocolate balls ( same as rum balls but rumless)

- shortbread in shape of trees, angles, snowman etc and could even ice and decorate