Closed Thread
Page 99 of 129 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hudson - that sounds promising! Are the lines getting darker? That is usually a sign of hcg rather than pregnyl, especially if you are still getting two lines!

Kt - I rang Kate on wednesday to check with her when to do bt she advised on Monday. Now I just need to find my request forms. As for coping not at all, but too scared to test! Might just do one tomorrow and the I have the weekend to get over it before work on Monday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Doing some more reading.. does anyone here go to Life Fertility? If so, what are they like, and what FS do you see? What are your OOP expenses for each cycle?

I've looked at the prices for both QFG and City Fertility, and I am astounded as to how different the OOP prices are compared to my Perth clinic. There, my OOP once I reach safety net for ICSI is only around $1200 (incl. all medication), whereas at City it is apparently over $2000, and QFG over $3000!! Are these pretty average prices for Brisbane? If so, it may be some time before DH and I can afford to try again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sariele - i did 7 stims at life and oop ranged between $4 - $5.5k per cycle that includes all costs for the cycle. I am now at QFG and not sure what our oop will be as we used a lot of additional drugs to try something different in the hopes it would make a difference.
    I am not sure why you are doing ivf, but there is a cheaper clinic in Brisbane the Springwood Feetility Clinic which are a lot cheaper. They apparently do low dose cycles and day two/three transfers to help reduce the cost. I think their oop is about $1k for the first and less for subsequent cycles. They do not freeze. Maybe check them out, they are a branch of QFG I believe. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sariele - Welcome to Brisbane:-)

Tootyfrooty - Hope those little follies are coming along nicely.

Betel - Still thinking of you...

Bronwyn and Kt - Yes! The lines are getting darker, but I'm an unfortunate veteran of chemical pregnancies, so keep watching them expecting them to lighten up again. Wazza wasn't really sure what's causing my implantation problem, so he said just do a cycle and throw some drugs at me and see what happens. Hopefully aspirin/pred/clexane and plenty of progesterone will help this one (or two!) burrow in. Good luck if you decide to POAS tomorrow

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hudson81 For This Useful Post:

tootyfruity  (17-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hudson81 - now I know how horrible it is being in limboland...I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll get a BFP and no chemical this time!

It looks like Monday is the BT day for few of us...thanks everyone for thinking of me, I had the a horrible week and just hope to have some answers on Monday.
    I still have AF-like cramps and on/off light bleeding so I don't know if these are the symptoms that I am still pregnant or just a m/c in progress . I thought that after the heavy bleeding last Wednesday I would be fine but I still feel like crap. I took the week off work, there's no way I could have coped (mentally and physically) with work, and I'll be off again Mon and Tue. It feels so unreal, it's like I am in a movie and I still don't know how it's going to end.

Sariele - I did 8 stims with Life but then I changed clinic (PM me if you want to know more details). I have been with three clinincs so far (Wesley Monash, Life, and Bubtree Monash) and my oop for each cycle is usually around $3k-$4k (we don't need ICSI though).

tootyfruity - 8 follicles is a great number and is the same number of eggs we collected in my last cycle

7. The Following User Says Thank You to betelgeuse For This Useful Post:

tootyfruity  (17-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this Betel - it's hard enough to get to the point of a positive test and then to not be able to know if you can even celebrate it is cruel. I truly hope you have good news on Monday, I will be thinking of you.

I also hope everyone testing this week gets their BFP's..the wait is hard isn't it?! I have another 8 days to wait for my own BETA and am doing my very best not to POAS - if I can pull it off it will be the first cycle I've been able to! I only had a 5000 trigger but then 2 x 1500 boosters, the last being 2 days ago so I know it's pointless to try and figure out anything from a HPT. Instead I'm spending my entire day lost in Googleland reading about symptoms

One thing I wanted to ask - yesterday (5dp3dt), I had the worst cramps I've ever had during a 2ww. They went on for around 2 hours at lunchtime - pretty much exactly like strong AF pains and I had to lay down - they literally took my breath away. Last night I had another hour of very strong stitch/AF type pain before going to sleep. I know progesterone can cause cramps but in 12 cycles I've never had them like this, or even close. Do you think it's just the Crinone and/or booster?

Other than that, I don't really have anything else exciting going on that I can add to the list! Best of luck to all - I hope you have something lovely planned for this sunshiney Sunday!

xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for your replies.. Once again I cannot believe how expensive the OOP cost is over here. I checked out that Springwood clinic, and their pricing is similar/cheaper than my Perth one, but I got full care and services, unlike what they seem to offer. Maybe it might be cheaper for me to fly back to Perth for treatment after all? Seems odd though.

Going to check out our brand new apartment today! Potentially be there for four hours though waiting for Teltra though, lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sariele

Welcome to Brisbane! You'd be here by now. We see Wazza, however he's on holiday in July, so will be seeing Ben Kroon. Take a look at the QFG website, you'll see him on there. He's a very attractive man, and i am still deciding how uncomfortable i'll be with him performing my EPU & ET hehe. Wazza said that he's very good. Scott Salisbury is also very good, from all reports.

I'm hoping that a Brisbane meet up happens soon, it would be lovely to meet some of my fellow Brisbane bub-hubbers

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have seen Ben before when Warren was away - he's such a lovely doctor and yes, pretty easy on they eye! I'll never forget one of my early cycles with a different clinic, I was told my doctor looked like Robbie Williams and I spent the weeks leading up to my first consult horrified at the idea of having to get my gear off for him!! It's certainly easier with a less handsome one ;p

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KandP View Post
    Hi Sariele

Welcome to Brisbane! You'd be here by now. We see Wazza, however he's on holiday in July, so will be seeing Ben Kroon. Take a look at the QFG website, you'll see him on there. He's a very attractive man, and i am still deciding how uncomfortable i'll be with him performing my EPU & ET hehe. Wazza said that he's very good. Scott Salisbury is also very good, from all reports.

I'm hoping that a Brisbane meet up happens soon, it would be lovely to meet some of my fellow Brisbane bub-hubbers
    I just went to look him up, as I couldn't remember him from the last time I was on their site. Yep, pretty nice! He actually looks a fair bit like my friend's hubby who is an anaesthetist back in Perth. Gotta love attractive doctors! *hides monitor from DH*

Brisbane is really lovely, I think I will be very happy here for the next couple of years. Today we walked from our serviced apartment near Story Bridge to our new apartment next to Breakfast Creek Hotel, where we will be moving on Wednesday. The novelty of living in a brand new, untouched property is great, and the apartment itself is beautiful; I can't believe the owner is letting me have my cats too. After that we walked to an Italian restaurant in Racecourse Rd for lunch, then got some gelato, and caught the ferry/CAT back to the city, which was really lovely. We have an amazing view from our serviced apartment too; right now I'm sitting on the couch, and out the window our balcony looks over the Bridge, river and city.