Closed Thread
Page 94 of 129 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    nicole---So sorry.

Ktking---You're likely having a mild dose of OHSS, the pregnyl makes it worse. On the other hand, it can be a sign of BFP, as the hormone level goes up hence making OHSS symptoms worse. I get that only with BFPs. Drink plenty of water, have plenty of proteins and rest. If it's still bad maybe ring Wazza/Kate, sometimes he advises halving the dose of next pregnyl booster or omitting it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nicole - I am so sorry. I wish I could give you a hug.

Kt - I have no idea on the bloating after pregnyl but hope it is a good sign for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    As Frostymum said, it is likely mild OHSS giving you the bloating. I had severe OHSS in 2010 and spent 15 days in hospital so for this cycle, they debated whether to give me the Pregnyl boosters as it increases the risk of developing it again.

I second the advice to drink drink drink and eat lots of protein. I didn't really do enough of that when I got it and lived to regret it. If you have any trouble breathing or start to feel sick, ring straight away. I'd also double check that second booster before doing it. Hyperstim is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am sorry Nicole. Thinking of you. I just wanted to know how long people were on birth controll pills before starting a stim cycle?

April 2012 Cancelled ivf cycle

KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks brisvagas & Frosty.
    I think you both might be right. I've had mild OHSS before and it feels very similar. I've upped the sustegen and hydrolites to increase my fluid and protein but my appetite had definately decreased for solid food. Cause after i eat the bloating is quite uncomfortable. My next pregnyl shot is due tomorrow so I might try calling Wazza in the morning to see if he recommends me skipping it. If the first one made me go from feeling fine to this I'm thinking it might be a good idea to skip it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kt - take it easy and I hope the bloating eases for you.

For those who see Wazza or have done a cycle with Wazza do you continue the nitrodur after epu. Everything else I am good for but just not sure on that one. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kt - take it easy and I hope the bloating eases for you.

For those who see Wazza or have done a cycle with Wazza do you continue the nitrodur after epu. Everything else I am good for but just not sure on that one. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't had Nitrodur, I don't believe. At least I'm not familiar with that name? I'm surprised to imagine a drug that hasn't been included!! ;p

I wonder if I could ask if anyone has had Assisted Hatching done and/or what your thoughts are on it? I'm 39 and believe my age and repeated failed cycles (all good quality embryos transferred with no known factors - just failing to implant) would qualify us for having it done but I haven't looked into it before. I'm a bit nervous to interfere with the embryos at all as we had PGD done on a number of cycles early on and I'm convinced it compromised the quality. I'd really appreciate any input..

I had 11 eggs collected yesterday and only 7 fertilized overnight..that's the lowest rate we've had so far and we're a bit disappointed but time will tell..I know the numbers don't really mean a lot. We've had as many as 24 with nothing to transfer on Day 5 before.. Considering a day 3 transfer this time, we've only ever done Day 5. I will talk to the clinic tomorrow and get their advice. I'm not sure if Warren is away Monday as well though?

Good luck to all..

xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bron---I haven't used Nitrodur before, sorry. I think he uses it to increase blood supply to the ovaries during the egg production phase, not sure if there's any use afterwards to aid implantation, can you ring to see if he's around in the morning?

KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Bron, I just tried Wazza's office and according to the auto answer he is returning from interstate tomorrow and their office is open from 5.00am. Which doesn't help me at all.

The bloating has gone down heaps (I was smashing the water and protein drinks yesterday) and I am due for my pregnyl booster shot today. The last one made me worse and I really don't know of I should make the call whether or not to have it. I finally ate a full meal for dinner last night so I'm thinking I'm on the mend. But am I well enough to go the second shot. I'm only on 500iu of pregnyl so would the benefits outweigh the few days of discomfort? Or will one day delay in the booster make a huge difference so I can talk to him tomorrow. Ahhh what to do. This is the first time I've used Pregnyl so I'm not really 100% about it. Rant over lol.