Closed Thread
Page 63 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks laned I called my FS yesterday and he is sending out BT forms so I'll get my bloods done on Friday if AF doesnt show up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Girls

Just returned from my appointment with Wazza. Strangely, it was the most comfortable I have felt with him to date.

Basically, he advised that whilst he can never say that I won't get pregnant with my own eggs and nor can he tell me when I should give up, with my history, my chances of having a child with my eggs was significantly reduced. He said my egg quality was very poor and that notwithstanding my cycle with embryos graded 5aa & 4aa that ended in a trisomy, he suspected most of my eggs would have the same chromosomal issues.

I asked him what advice would he give to me if I were his daughter and he responded 'I would tell you to go donor'.

So our IVF journey with my eggs is now over. On leaving he did write me a script for letrozole in case we wanted to just try for the months leading up to egg donation.

My husband asked me if I felt relieved and I said 'no, I just feel sad'

3. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (29-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    laned---

Thanks
    Reviews
    laned..sorry to hear that news....at least you may have more of a clearer mind on where to go from here. thinking of you and sending hugs.

Frosty and trying..getting close now. How are you both feeling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Ladies

Laned - . Even though you think about using donor eggs. It's still so final when you hear your FS say it. I'm so sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned, I'm just so angry and furious at the universe right now - it is so absolutely unfair that this is happening to you. Infertility is just so, so, unfair. Whatever path you take from here, I just wanted you to know you are in my thoughts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Laned I am so sorry. My thoughts are with you hun xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned I'm so sorry about ur news

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Laned I am so sorry hun. Just want to send you big cyber . It's so unfair. You know I am always thinking of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Um hello everyone, yes I'm new to this thread and just letting you all know that it helps to know that there are so many on the ivf journey.
    Me and my DH are so fortunate to have our DD after many ivf attempts, one ending with a ruptured tube due to ectopic. There was a time in my life especially after the ectopic that I thought we would never have a child, but I guess life goes on. I started to look into fostering because in qld they are so desperate for people to foster these young kids that at least that was an option. My friend is fostering a 2 month old baby, and that has given her a new chapter in her life as a foster mummy.
    All I'm trying to say to those who feel that their ivf journey is over, there are other ways of becoming mummies to needy kids.
    Okay now can I ask for some much needed advise, I am trying ivf again, but this time our finances have not allowed me to have acupuncture or see a naturapth, so does anyone know of any herbs, vitamins (other then the elevit), drinks, potions that may help before, during and ivf cycle.
    Look forward to hearing from anyone.