Closed Thread
Page 54 of 129 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Ladies

Loveabug - It's been a yucky few weeks with rain. Hopefully the sun stays so you can get to Sea World. It must be a new thing QFG are doing because FS doesn't do 3 day TF's now he does 5 day blasts. We did 3 day TF with DD so I hope going to 5 day has equily successful results.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm just hoping and preying (literally) my embryos make it to day 5, I'm so scared because last time they only made it to day 4
    FX for us all

Lovebug - have fun in Brisvegas Goodluck and sticky vibes

Lillypond - why did you change your name?? My AF is a bit like yours hopefully they cooperate next cycle

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Amandamoo For This Useful Post:

dancingbutterfly  (09-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi just joining the thread. Not sure how to jump in as 50 something pages is alot to catch up on. I'm on my first cycle every trying IVF/ICSI. An very nervous/excitable about it.

Anyone else in Brisy fairly new to IVF?
    Last edited by Dreamin; 09-03-2012 at 14:47.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamin For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (12-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies! Happy Friday

Amanda - has Wazza been testing your fsh or testosterone levels at any point since starting dhea? I haven't really gone into see him properly since my failed cycle (just went in to pick up the dhea script) and im concerned the dhea isn't really being monitored. Would hate it to have a negative affect like one of the ladies I read about in the poor responders thread.

I also have a theory about the metformin which I want to speak to him about. Do you think a person's body can change or build up a resistance to it? When I cycled in 2009 and got my bfp I was only on it for a few weeks, as soon as I started I did not want to eat anything sweet. This time however, I have been on it for months and still crave sweet things. I wonder if there is a way to test it?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (12-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dreamin - Welcome, I hope your IVF journey is short and sweet

Nicole - No I have never had any follow up BT's testing now you have me worried.
    To be honest I have stopped taking the metformin, I have kept up the DHEA and something else that starts with m (I'll get back to you on that one) but forget now. I intend to start all the other tablets again this weekend until the end of my cycle. I stopped about 3 weeks ago... I just got over it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Melatonin - that's it .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amandamoo View Post
    Dreamin - Welcome, I hope your IVF journey is short and sweet

Nicole - No I have never had any follow up BT's testing now you have me worried.
    To be honest I have stopped taking the metformin, I have kept up the DHEA and something else that starts with m (I'll get back to you on that one) but forget now. I intend to start all the other tablets again this weekend until the end of my cycle. I stopped about 3 weeks ago... I just got over it
    Eeek! Sorry I don't mean to get you worried! I might phone up and see what the deal is. I am not sure if other FS monitor it closely or not. I just read about a lady in poor responders who was taking 75mg dhea and it reduced her fsh to almost nothing and had empty follicles?! So they reduced it to 50mg. I might have that all twisted I was reading it late last night before falling asleep.

Welcome dreamin! You must have posted same time as me earlier today so I didn't see your post before mine. Best of luck to you. Hopefully it's a short journey to your bfp! Xo

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (12-03-2012)

KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amandamoo View Post

KTKING - How was your appointment with Wazza??
    Hi All,

WAZZA is AMAZING! lol He is so easy to understand and talks in our language.. Although he scared DH a few times cause all he kept saying is that he may have to (and I quote) "Stab his Balls" LMAO.. Even still DH really liked him too, he thinks he's really funny. And yes Wazza took him aside an made his drop his dacks lol. Although it's a little bazzar sitting in the next room listening to Wazza describe my poor DH's junk lol.

Don't get me wrong, I still love my previous doctor, but due to the chance that we may end up looking at donor, it was in our best interest to switch.

Basically we started then and there. I had a Zolodex implanted (in place of Syneral), Apparently because I had a mild case of endometritis on the lap, I can get it heaps cheaper. I will be going back on the 5.4.12 for a new implant then after 10 days I will start the FSH injections (I think Puregon this time).

I also got Wazza's special coctail of suppliments. 5mg Folic, Zinc, Fish Oil, Vitamin E, Coenzyme Q10, Baby Asprin, Plus he's put me on Diabex again, but we are building that up really slow cause I felt really sick on it last time I took it. Oh and a Berocca every day too.

DH is taking the 5mg Folic, Zinc, Aloe Vera Juice, Goji Berries and he's supposed to have pumpkin seeds but he hates them and is having troubles getting them down.

Wazza definately has a different approach to it all. Lets just hope that it is just what we need.

Please god tell me that you all had as much trouble as us finding your way into his office. We missed ONE road and had to do laps around the city to find our way back. That area is horrible. lol, I'm sure we'll get used to it. But the parking is a bit steep. Our first appointment cost us $25 just to park.

Amandamoo, I know how weirdly exciting it can be for AF to visit lol. Once I got so excited cause it started on it's own and I didn't have to use any drugs to bring it on. DH thought I was weird haha.

Dreamin, . Like they all say, I hope your IVF journey is short and sweet. I'm a longer term IVF patient. I'm just about to start cycle #7 with Doctor #2. Overall we have been TTC for about 8 years, with 3 years of IVF. So thinking positive, this will be our year . Even with all the BFN's I've had, I still get excited about starting a new cycle.. You never know, this next one could always be the last one. GOOD LUCK!

Take care all.. Lots of baby dust your way

Katie

13. The Following User Says Thank You to KtKing For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (10-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ktking---Hahaha, Wazza made DH drop his dacks there and then right at the desk. Did he say "he's not a gynaecologist but he'll have a look" or complimented your DH's assets as the biggest he's ever seen? As for parking, when you start doing a cycle, because it's so early (most appointments are before 7am) you can just park along the road for free, if he runs late or if you have to wait for BT, just get DH to go down to pop some coins into the meter after 7am. Do you get the Zoladex out at any stage during the cycle or only when you hit BFP?

Dreamin---Hope your journey is short and sweet.

laned---How's the jabbing going? Are the follies fluffing up?

nicole---Wazza didn't monitor my blood levels on DHEA either, but I don't have PCOS. Maybe ring Kate and ask?

lillyponds---I hope AF cooperates with you this time. Evil witch she is.

Amanda---You go girl.

to everyone else.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frostysmum For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (10-03-2012),laned  (12-03-2012),LillyPonds  (12-03-2012)

KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostysmum View Post
    ktking---Hahaha, Wazza made DH drop his dacks there and then right at the desk. Did he say "he's not a gynaecologist but he'll have a look" or complimented your DH's assets as the biggest he's ever seen? As for parking, when you start doing a cycle, because it's so early (most appointments are before 7am) you can just park along the road for free, if he runs late or if you have to wait for BT, just get DH to go down to pop some coins into the meter after 7am. Do you get the Zoladex out at any stage during the cycle or only when you hit BFP?.
    Hey Frosty.

Yes he did comment on DH's assets lol. "Those are some nice big balls" lmao. I was ****ing myself laughing. I guess while he's there making them uncomfortable he might as well make them feel good about themselves.

I think most of the early appointments I'll be there on my own so hopefully they don't go over time. DH starts work early and now that we are paying for this we can't afford for him to have time off if he doesn't need to be there.

As for the Zoladex, Kate said they don't take them out. It dissolves into to body so I'll get another one in a month then that's it for the cycle.