Closed Thread
Page 47 of 129 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks again for everyones support. Poas this arvo and clear bfn so atleast I know for sure. And atleast i can skip the drive into the city tomorrow now that i know the result....No more clexane for a little while - yay...

Lillyponds - I am not sure if we'll cycle back to back or wait a little while.

Chook - I think if you cycle with Wazza and it still turns out bfn then you might feel a bit better knowing you have tried the absolute best fs. Then again he may just help give you that golden BFP!

I have a tip with the aloe juice ladies - add it too some orange juice. It completely masks the taste if you make the rest of the glass up with OJ. Took DH months to work that one out!
    Last edited by nicole83; 15-02-2012 at 17:27.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

chook11  (17-02-2012),LillyPonds  (16-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone!

Nic83 – Sorry to hear about your BFN! Do you feel comfortable not having a blood test?

Cal1 – Hang in there, not long to go now! During the 2ww i had days where I was remarkably calm and days where I was slightly psychotic! Your clinic sounds very relaxed with the BT process , I can understand you freaking out!

Billiesmum – Not long to go now!!! My skin is so oily too! When is your BT?

Buttercup – welcome to this thread! Nice to see you again J

Chook – Glad you got to your appointment with Wazza

AFM – I didn’t go back for another BT. I think I just have to trust my FS, hHe has done really well by me this far. IVF is such a strange experience – I was saying to DH, you get through the 2ww then your stomach is in knots for another two weeks until the u/s...then it’s another 6 – 8 weeks ...I would just love to be able to relax myself into this pregnancy. I keep finding myself saying ‘If we can get through the next 2 weeks we will...’ which sounds horrible but I feel like we have been so lucky getting pregnant this time that I’m scared to be happy in case it all comes crashing down around us. On the other side of the coin I have days where I feel like I am on top of the world! I love how my body is changing and am coping reasonably well with the exhaustion...can’t wait for the weekend though!!!

Have a great day ladies!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Katrina2008 For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (17-02-2012),LillyPonds  (16-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Katrina - yeah I mostly feel comfortable not having bt. We actually have an appointment with a new clinic tommorrow and guessing they will want bloods too, so might as well just wait for the one hit. The bt's are actually the worst bit for me (except for r bfns!) I have terrible veins

I have to say, never thought I would be smiling at a bfn but my gorgeous DD made sure of it. She is only 19 months and saw me poas. So when my head was turned for just a second she grabbed the poas (luckily one with cap on!) and tried to put it between her legs saying "wee wee! Wee wee!" haha what a priceless moment.

Katrina - i know how you feel I was the exact same with dd the whole pregnancy. Try to relax, I am sure your bub is strong

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

Katrina2008  (16-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Nicole - . I love your DD's POAS attempt very cute.

Katrina - You just swap one crazy obsession for another when TTC and then finally being pregnant. The worrying never stops even when they grow up. Part and parcel of being a Mum.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LillyPonds For This Useful Post:

Katrina2008  (16-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies,

Nicole, your DD sounds hilarious! Such a cutie. Even though BFN is never fun, I'm glad you could get a smile out of the situation. Good luck for your appointment at your new clinic today.

Chook, I'm glad Wazza will let you cycle with your own eggs. Even if he has told you that the prognosis isn't good, he's supposed to be the miracle man so FX, you're in that 2%! How much will the Saizen add to your costs? What does it do?

Buttercup80, welcome! We were on the January thread together. Good luck at FS appointment today. I hope this next cycle works for you, hon.

Billiesmum, when is BT? Are you still holding in there?

Amandamoo, how are you doing? Still rattling away? When are you planning to cycle again?

Loveabug, wow, the drive from Emerald to Brisbane is a big one for you. I used to live up in Blackwater and it's a long day driving down to Brissie. I've heard that Dr Molloy is very good too, so hopefully he can get you that BFP.

Katrina, hope you've settled into being pregnant! When's your next scan? Thinking of you.

Lillyponds, thanks for your support. The 2WW has been agonising!

Marnz and Hampton, hope you both are having relatively easy pregnancies. It must be such a beautiful time - I hope you're getting the chance to enjoy it.

Hello to anyone else I've forgotten! I hope you're all doing well.

AFM, I think I'm out this time. The Crinone that comes out is very dark brown now (sorry, TMI) as though I'm spotting and I think the only reason that I haven't got AF in full force yet is because I'm still on the Crinone. My boobs are no longer sore and all the swelling that was in my belly when I hyperstimmed has gone down. It's a bit late for spotting to be implantation bleeding as I'm now 11dp4dt.

I know it was making a huge assumption, but I really did think I'd be pregnant from the first try, and that our real fear would be possible M/C. I guess because the only reason we're using IVF is structural (ie, only one blocked tube left) and we have been so lucky with our first stim cycle, I just kept thinking our luck would hold and wasn't prepared for not getting pg at all.

At least we have 17 frosties. I know we're so lucky with that as many couples get nothing and have to do a full stim again. IVF is teaching me that you can't take anything for granted and you have to appreciate everything that's good and take whatever wins you can.

I'll see FS for BT still on Monday I think, as long as AF doesn't come in over the weekend. My parents are up here from Melbourne and we're very close so that extra support will be great.

Thanks for letting me vent ladies, your support on here is a godsend.

Babydust to all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for being MIA for a while. I have been reading along each day and cheering everyone along though and wishing everyone all success for their cycles.

Katrina - congrats on your BFP. Woohoo.

Chook - yay for your appt with Wazza, sorry that the news was not the best. Sounds like you have a way forward, it bring you some success. Sorry if too personal, but is the possibility of donors an option for you?

Cal1 - welcome and I am hopeful for you that it is not a BFN, but that the news will be good at your BT. What an awesome result having 17 frosties, if this cycle does not work that your future bubba is amongst them.

Nicole - I am so sorry it was a bfn for you, but how precious is your DD.

Hi to anyone that i missed, I hope that you are all travelling well with wherever you are at.

AFM: Like Chook we also saw Wazza this week - yesterday in fact. He was great, such an amazing guy and so honest, which is exactly what we needed. Basically he does not see us getting pregnant using my eggs (ever!), he went over everything that we have done and the results that we have and he said it clearly shows that there is an egg quality issue there and there is really nothing that we can do about that. He raised donor eggs with us and we had a bit of a chat about that and mentioned that I had been looking into South Africa, he advised that that was one option and we spoke to the donor coordinator afterwards who gave us some info on a couple of other clinics that they know people have used - Argentina and Greece. I doubt that we will swap places as it still seems after a cursory look through the details that South Africa is still the best option.
    In saying all of the above he is open to doing a cycle with us and is proposing that we literally throw everything that is known to man at it and see what happens, but as he said he will not guarantee anything. Which is fine. He is more than happy to go ahead with my desire for 50% donor sperm and 50% DH, just to confirm that this is not a big contributing factor for us. So after a discussion DH and I feel that we will do the cycle with him. We wont do the synarel suppression (which is great as I really did not want to have to deal with the depression again).
    He also mentioned scarifying and lipoidal flush but says it probably wont make any difference as it is an egg quality issue. He has also sent DH off for a couple of different sperm testing procedures just to check that other areas are all okay - another SA, Sperm Chromatin Structure Assay and Sperm Chromosone Studies.
    He is proposing doing an estrogen priming cycle. Starting back on the DHEA as soon as the detox is finished. Pill from day 1 for 16 days, Day 8 commence miniscule lucrin dose through to day 4 of next cycle, commence progynova, 600ui fsh, clexane from Day 2 of next cycle, orgalutran 1/2 dose on CD 7 & 8 and full dose from CD9 to trigger, human growth hormone (saizen) from approx three days before AF through to trigger, luveris from CD9 through to trigger if needed (based on blood test on CD8), during the luteal phase he uses prednisolone, clexane, cardiprin, feldane and pessaries. It is kind of like being your own mini pharmacy. He did caution us that the cost of the HGH (saizen) would be approx an addition $2k and the luveris would be approx additional $1.5k but completely OOP. He
    The use of both the luveris and the saizen are an optional extra that we need to decide on, he feels that the saizen may make a difference the same with the luveris, but was still saying that they probably won't mean a pg will result as he does not think they will make much if any different to our quality issues.
    So now we have to decide if we want to shell out an additional $3.5k to see if they make a difference or we just do the cycle to see if the sperm is a big issue. At this point I really don;t know which way to go.
    Funnily enough even though he has no hope of it working, I do have a little glimmer of hope after seeing him that one day we may be parents.
    We still won't cycle for another couple of months, so still looking at a June cycle.
    Lastly he did a pap smear for me and also an ultrasound and it looks like I am due to ovulate so gave me a script for trigger and told us to get to it like bunnies for the next couple of days cos you never never know it just might work! I guess we can always live in hope!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BronwynCJ For This Useful Post:

Cal1  (17-02-2012),LillyPonds  (19-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Bron---Love the Wazza's sense of humour. I suppose after you do this rattling pharmacy cycle you can be sure you've given it a very good try with your own eggs and go into donor cycle without regrets. And noone can predict what can happen.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Frostysmum For This Useful Post:

BronwynCJ  (17-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Frosty you are soo right in what you say. We will be able to walk away knowing that we had done everything possible. DH summed it up last night saying that "it is easier going in with low expectations and being pleasantly surprised than being kicked in the guts". Sadly what will be will be and there is not much more than we are already doing.

Kate from Wazzas office called today and she mentioned, for those that see him, that Wazza would be away all of July. She suggested that we actually look at starting the pill for our cycle in April.

Thanks
    Reviews
    billiesmum - A morula and a blast sounds pretty good. Hoping all the best for you.

laned - thinking of you.

LilyPonds - Yes, at least the Wazza tells you what he thinks, but will still give it his full effort and not give up you if you want to keep trying. Not like my old FS - was full of jokes and didn't say anything negative, even said not to worry if my AMH<1. Then the very next appointment it's donor eggs or nothing. I'm not upset if he (old FS) mentions it as an option, but I didn't like it that he was telling me how I should be thinking and feeling.

Surprisingly, DH did not complain about the aloe vera juice. I have already been giving him L-arginine powder which he says is even worse.

Cal1 - Saizen is Human Growth Hormone, supposed to help with egg quality. It might add 2K to the cycle, depending on how long the stims go.

Bronwyn - Your Wazza cycle sounds similar to mine, apart from the Luveris.

I'm not sure I want to go the donor path. I'm not ready to give up on my body yet. There have been ladies on the poor responder thread in my position (40+, AMH<1, history of empty follicles) who have got UTD. Who knows, maybe the right egg is just around the corner?

It might sound awful but I also really wanted to add my child to my family tree. I have researched my family history and wanted to share this with my child.

I keep going backwards and forwards whether I could bear to use a donor or not. If single I would probably just give it my all and then walk away. However, I think of DH and the joy a child could bring him. Also we would have someone around when we get old. Then I think whether I would feel resentment toward DH and the child, particularly when it is naughty?

DH says he does not want to adopt and does not want an unknown donor. The only donor he would have would be a relative. I did actually talk about this with a cousin - however she is breastfeeding right now and won't be available to take drugs until around beginning of next year. She also lives in NZ so it would be a bit of organisation and I'm not sure if her cycle would be covered by Medicare. However, Wazza would probably have connections overseas and be able to sort this out.

There is another cousin on the other side of the family who lives in Brisbane and who might be young enough, but I haven't been in contact with that side of the family for a long time.

Best wishes to everyone else.

I am pretty despondent right now - wagged it at work today and just sitting around in my den at home. I am angry at myself for not knowing about all this years ago. I always wanted to get started, but didn't think DH was ready so just put it out of my mind - I should have talked about this with him years ago. It just seemed like everyone around me in their late 30's was just getting pregnant with ease, and since I have no health problems, thought it would be the same for me.

Has anyone here used Sharkeys? I'm seeing a TCM practitioner but thinking of trying something different.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to chook11 For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (19-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Brisbane ladies I hope you don't mind me popping in.
    I have just been having a quick read along. I have an appointment with wazza at the end of april and hoping for a miracle! I've been ttc for 9 years and doing ivf for five and after 12 stim cycles and 19 FET (and doing the same protocol over and over) my FS has suggested donor eggs I was devastated to say the least. I always get lots of eggs at opu and good fertilisation with icsi but they just don't want to implant and if they do I end up having early m/c. I want to at least give it a try with wazza who I have read so much about on bub hub and if he tells me there's no hope then I'm happy to go with a donor.
    Bronwyn thank you for posting your protocol it gives me some insight of what to expect.