Closed Thread
Page 40 of 129 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Katrina - the waiting game in the process is so awful. You will find that you have really positive days were you are sure everything is going to plan and other freak out days when you are overwhelmed with fear that things haven't worked out. Your feelings are perfectly normal and are to be expected when the stakes are so high. As for the spotting, you could well be having some implantation bleeding which is a positive. As for the valarian, it may be best to check with the pharmacist. Good on your DH for being so supportive. I know it is so very very hard but try and take it easy for the next couple of days.

AFM - took Dr's advice for the morning and rested with legs elevated. He had also suggested for me to have caffine as a diurectic. Funny, as I haven't had caffine for the past 2 years. That said, I had quiet a few cups of caffinated green tea, which is a natural diuretic and limited my water intake and although still a tad swollen 'hey presto' much better today (thank goodnes). Have also lost 3 kgs since yesterday morning, which was clearly all fluid! For a moment I thought I was turning into Bert Newton!!
    Last edited by laned; 05-02-2012 at 12:29.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (05-02-2012),Katrina2008  (06-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!
    I hope everyone is enjoying the hot weather in brisvegas and the weekend

Land - glad to hear your leggies went down. Hope that continues

AFM, AF turned up yesterday . I'm not sure if I should be starting OCP or just do survive without it.
    Talk soon peeps!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Amandamoo For This Useful Post:

laned  (07-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls I hope everyone is finding ways to stay cool this weekend.

Katrina - The TWW was the hardest thing i have ever been through. In fact I would have prefer to have another lap then do that again. I wish someone would write a book "The real sh*t they don't tell you about IVF" lol.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marnz For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (06-02-2012),Katrina2008  (06-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies, thanks for all thinking of me. Sorry I needed to have a few days out to process what has been happening.

Amanda - what is OCP?

Land - oh you poor thing. I take it from your post it was some sort of fluid retention?

Katrina - it's so hard to not look into every single symptom hey. Fingers crossed it's not AF.

Billiesmum - I am thrilled your ET went well. You deserve a lifetime of happiness after everything you have been through.

Hello to everyone else

AFM - well it's been a few days since I updated you all on my embies so this is what has happened. It's all very confusing and I can't find anything on the internet to help explain it...

So as you know...

EPU: 12 eggs, 7 immature, 3 injected, 2 fertlised

Day 1: 1 x grade 2 @ 2 cells, 1 x grade 1 @ ? cells

Day 2: both grade 1 @ 2 cells each (news gets worse, not too confident now)

Day 3: both still grade 1 @ 2 cells each (starting to give up hope, expecting them to arrest)

Day 4: 1 x grade 1 @ 2 cells, 1 x grade 1 @ 5 cells, ( WTF? how did it go from 2 to 5 over night?)

Day 5 transfer day: 1 x grade 1 @ 6 cells, 1 x grade 1 @ 8 cells.

Not even the scientist could explain how or why they started off so slow, adn then all of a sudden picked up speed... but they still didn't give us much hope. They said they were grade 1's still (poorest quality). And ofcourse at day 5 they should have been alot more advanced.

So both were transfered on Saturday and we are just seeing what happens. We are expecting a BFN and have already schedule an appointment a day after BT/POAS to plan the next cycle.

Has anyone heard of this happening before? It's all so odd...

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (06-02-2012),Katrina2008  (06-02-2012),laned  (07-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nicole - I have no advice and not have this happen, I will however keep everythign crossed that they progressed after transfer and may provide you with a lovely surprise at the BT.

Katrina - tww are the second worst part of this process. Its such a long time and with nothing else happening gives you plenty of time to think and ponder what is happening at every little tweinge that we feel. I hope that the end of the tww brings good news for you.

Laned - why of why does it seem that the good people are constantly being through such horrible things. I do hope that your legs are continuing to improve and you can get off the prednisone very soon.

Amandamoo - yay for AF showing up. No advice on the OCP, but wishing you all the best for this cycle.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BronwynCJ For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (06-02-2012),Katrina2008  (06-02-2012),laned  (07-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned – glad you are on the mend, bet your body absorbed that caffeine like there was no tmrw! I confess I am still having a coffee a day... Bet DH is glad you are not looking like Bert anymore ;-)

Amandamoo – I am not sure what OCP is? Call me blonde!

Marnz – when are you starting to write the book? Sounds like just what I need right now!!! I have to say I am relying heavily on a colleague at work that has had 2 children through IVF...she is my rock each morning

Nichole83 – WOW! Your little embys are on the move J great news! I am sure they will try their hardest to stick!

Thanks Bronwyn and everyone else for all of your support – I think without you all I would be going slightly crazy right about now (Ok so I am going slightly crazy but you know what I mean).

AFM – I am 12dp3dt, had some discharge yesterday and this might be tmi but crinone was a brown colour this afternoon when I went to the bathroom...I’m beginning to think this could be AF on her way. Can anyone tell me if I get AF do I still have BT on Wednesday? Should I be calling the nurse and mentioning this too them as I missed their call Friday when they phoned to check everything was going ok... I would also like to do an FET whenever I can – should I be phoning my FS at some point? I guess we didn’t really discuss ‘what if AF comes before BT?’...probably should have – hindsight is such a beautiful thing!

Hope everyone is having a great week!
    Last edited by Katrina2008; 06-02-2012 at 17:44.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Katrina2008 For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (06-02-2012),laned  (07-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oral contraceptive pill

Nicole - I'm so glad you made it to transfer and I really hope they stick.

Katrina - really hope it's not AF. I'm pretty sure you still go to BT. After BT call your FS to arrange FET. FX you get a BFP.

Hi Bron - how's the weight loss going

Hi to everyone

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Amandamoo For This Useful Post:

Katrina2008  (06-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies!

Thanks so, so much for the very warm welcome. This is why I find BH so therapeutic! So much support

Laned, glad to hear you're on the mend - as if IVF doesn't give you enough to worry about, now there's also peripheral oedema? Glad you didn't have to wear the TEDs for long!

Katrina, hope you're not going TOO crazy in the 2WW! What are you doing to keep yourself occupied? Hopefully NOT googling what every little twinge means! Keeping my fingers crossed for you that it's smooth sailing for the rest of the time!

Amandamoo, yay for AF!! Weird how we hate it for most of our lives but when you're waiting to start IVF, you get so excited when it arrives! I thought only people with PCOS or irregular cycles need to use the OCP to bring about AF? My FS never put me on it because I always O on my own and AF is very regular so he told me I didn't need it? Does it get used to suppress O instead of Synarel?

Nicole, I really hope your embies stick for you. I know you're not hopeful, but it's still possible that they are simply slow to develop but now that they're in the environment they were supposed to be in, they'll develop better

AFM, I had EPU on Thursday and they retrieved 23 eggs So of course, OHSS! My FS was talking about cancelling transfer altogether. I was so disciplined this weekend with protein and drinking heaps of fluids though, so they let me transfer 2 today! I am officially PUPO with 17 in the freezer!!
    Transfer was a nightmare though as the FS had to pull my cervix down with forceps to get the tube into my uterus and there was a LOT of pain and some bleeding. Even though we have 17 frosties, I'm really hoping these embies stick as I'm really not relishing the idea of transferring again! Please stick little embies

to all!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cal1 For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (06-02-2012),laned  (07-02-2012),LillyPonds  (07-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cal1! Wow what an amazing effort! 23 eggs . Is that 17 blasties in the freezer? you get a sticky and don't need to use the 17 for a very long time . When is BT?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cal---Wow what a great haul. Good luck for the TWW.

Katrina----When is BT?

Amanda---To do OCP or not, depends on when you want to start. Would you be annoyed if AF comes late again? OCP makes it more predictable I suppose.

nicole---Good luck for those two embies. Stick stick stick!