Closed Thread
Page 37 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned - today I have been thinking of you. It is so unfair. Your little one will be with you always. There are no words.

BronwynCj - thankyou.

Nicole83 - all the For your embies to keep doing well.

Hello to everyone else.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Billiesmum For This Useful Post:

laned  (01-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Littlejoeyg - welcome and all the best! I am with QFG - have to say my experience so far has been very positive. I am on north brisbane so going to north west - also very impressed with the hospital and the staff there too!

Marnz - looking forward to hearing about your scan in a week and a half now? How are you feeling? Any early signs?

Billiesmum - The quilt is cot size....it might get bigger though lol Best of luck for the FET Friday and for the defrosting!

Frostysmum, Zult, Bronwyn (and anyone else who commented that I might have missed, sorry) thanks for the info re: crinone. I am looking forward to a good night sleep sometime soon!

Nicole83 - one week of the tww left to go...feels like a lifetime...hence quilt getting bigger! All the best to your 2 little embryos for good growth and development between now and ET!

AFM - I am on 7d3dt...think ive put that right...feel free to correct me! Was beginning to get a bit c*cky think that the attack of crazy/emotional ivf hormones had decided to leave me alone this cycle...but they came in full swing today...managed to have an argument with DH before even getting in the shower this morning and felt like ripping everyones heads off at work...the timer went off during the kids group work and I wanted to smash it to pieces...now is when i should laugh right? Completely unlike me and so now I am feeling emotionally exhausted...as I am sure only you ladies can understand! This is what i get for thinking I was one of the lucky ones!!! lol

Hope everyone is doing well, paddling fast and keeping their heads above water. DH just called on his way home from the gym...managed to convince him he wouldn't be allowed to enter the house upon return without ice cream...ice cream = quiet hormonal wife!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Katrina2008 For This Useful Post:

Billiesmum  (02-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Katrina - I have never been so tired in my life and I was in emergency the other day with severe cramps. I am told this is normal. My hcg is rising well.

Hi to everyone else and I hope we all get our dreams this year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
    I'm really not sure what to think zultbear. I think it's a conversation for Wazza if our two embies don't make it. This was my situation though:

Oct 2009 - full stim cycle with 83iu puregon. Got 18 embies 8 immature, by day three we had 3 embies, tx 2 froze one. Late onset of severe ohss - verge of hospitalisation. Got a BFP and had my DD. singleton pregnancy.

June 2011 - thawed embie but stopped growing.

Jan 2012 - probably lost 2-3kga since having dd - nothing significant. But scans showed pcos looked alot less. Maybe the scans arent very accurate? So he lowered the dose in fear of getting ohss again.

All I can think of right now is grow little embies grow!

I think having a baby reduces you PCOS as it kind of kicks you hormones into working as nature intended IYKWIM? Whih would explain why your scans showed PCOS as much improved.

It took 2 years to get pregnant with my Ds (my first) and then I fell pregnant with DD1 within 3 months of trying. But this was well before I was diagnosed with PCOS. I'm guessing I had PCOS when trying for DS but because I never went and had it checked out I'm only assuming this is the case. By the time I though "hmm something isn't right" I was pregnant with #1. So I'm again assuming that because I had a baby my hormones were shocked back into working and I was on BCP as well between DS and DD. So the pill didn't hinder my hormones when I came off of it. Does that make sense?

It certainly looks like you respond well on the smaller doses. I'd be interestd to hear what Warren has to say about it all.

Grow embies grow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for the info zultbear. Argh it's all so confusing...but that does make sense when you say the PCOS gets better after having a baby. Perhaps that is why it's improved rather than the lost kgs? after all I would have only lost 1 or 2 kgs wouldn't have thought it would make much of a difference...

so called QFG today...bad news again...

1 x grade 2 @ 2 cells on day 2
    1 x grade 1 @ ?? cells on day 2 (don't know exactly what ?? means apparently they can't even tell how many cells there are! WTF!

so yeah things are looking bad for us. I just can't imagine either of these will get to day 5.

So if I have none by day 5 is this considered a cancelled cycle as in money refunded? does anyone with QFG know?

I started doing a bit of research and will obviously need to meet with wazza to discuss the next cycle (I know some people might say I'm getting ahead of myself but I am finding it easier to deal with having a plan). But my research has come back with the following ideas/protocol and I am interested to hear from anyone elses experiences...

I have read that the synarel nasal spray can suppress the E2 level hormones too much that it virtually puts your body to sleep. So the next cycle I am thinking antagonist (no spray and straight into injections).

The next thing is I want to ensure my lead follicle is atleast 22mm + before trigger shot. I am not sure what size my follies were, I don't think he even wrote them down so I can't check but I will ask him to be sure. I want to stay injecting until I get to that amount. And My E2 levels need to be really high. Probably over 3000. Is this right? But again, I will check with him because I am not sure what they were.

The last thing is I want a double trigger shot and I want to use all the HCG that we have in the fridge. I have 1500iu left over from last week, plus the two new packs I got given on Monday. So between all of that I should have 4500iu hopefully that will work ok then I will take another shot of overdril or whatever he suggests. Apparently there is a world-wide shortage of pregnyl so I had to use overdril for this cycle...but who knows the pregnyl stock situation could improve by next cycle...who knows?

thanks if you have read this far. It makes me feel a little bit better having written it all out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nicole . I don't know if it would be considered a cancelled cycle because you went to EPU? Maybe just give down stairs a call and find out?

I too like to have a plan as well. Makes me feel like I'm doing something even if it is just research.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nicole83 - Im not anywhere near as experienced with all of this as other girls on here. I totally understand that you want to plan ahead - this is something I do all the time. A friend of mine actually said it was strange to hear me saying 'we'll just wait and see...' lol I just had my first cycle which was an antagonist cycle - I was surprised my FS chose this as everyone I had spoken to about IVF had gone with the agonist (not sure if this is the correct term) cycle. My experience was quite positive - the whole process from first injection to EPU was two weeks. I don't know about other cycles but this seemed quick to me? I have PCOS and he said that I could possibly overstimulate or understimulate and he was concerned as my ovarian reserve was low (I think that's what he was talking about?) so he put me on 300 gonal f a day which was just the right mix as we ended up with 18 follies and 14 eggs...or maybe 15...from those 9 survived to day 3 transfer all grade 3 & 4 and we got 8 to freeze. I wasn't expecting this good result from such a short cycle. But this is only my experience...I hope it helps...

Marnz - great news re: hcg going up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by zultbear View Post
    Nicole . I don't know if it would be considered a cancelled cycle because you went to EPU? Maybe just give down stairs a call and find out?

I too like to have a plan as well. Makes me feel like I'm doing something even if it is just research.
    Called them and it isn't considered cancelled. Must have got that confused with my fet when it was cancelled how disappointing if we have none to transfer

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (03-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrina2008 View Post
    Nicole83 - Im not anywhere near as experienced with all of this as other girls on here. I totally understand that you want to plan ahead - this is something I do all the time. A friend of mine actually said it was strange to hear me saying 'we'll just wait and see...' lol I just had my first cycle which was an antagonist cycle - I was surprised my FS chose this as everyone I had spoken to about IVF had gone with the agonist (not sure if this is the correct term) cycle. My experience was quite positive - the whole process from first injection to EPU was two weeks. I don't know about other cycles but this seemed quick to me? I have PCOS and he said that I could possibly overstimulate or understimulate and he was concerned as my ovarian reserve was low (I think that's what he was talking about?) so he put me on 300 gonal f a day which was just the right mix as we ended up with 18 follies and 14 eggs...or maybe 15...from those 9 survived to day 3 transfer all grade 3 & 4 and we got 8 to freeze. I wasn't expecting this good result from such a short cycle. But this is only my experience...I hope it helps...

Marnz - great news re: hcg going up

Thanks Katrina. Its such a fine line with pcos hey? Last time I got ohss and this time we were so concerned about hyperstimulating again so the dose was kept low....I feel this is partly why this cycle is failing. Like I need a slightly higher dose to begin with and keep it going longer too. I am still in shock and so upset. I know I still have one embie fighting on but I really don't expect it to do much over night

13. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

Katrina2008  (03-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nicole - I'm so sorry babe! I was in the same place as you last April and it's devastating . I too thought it was a cancelled cycle but it's only cancelled before you go to EPU . Just stay focused on the next cycle...! Don't let Wazza tell you your eggs are s#it .

Marnz - Great to hear about rising levels

Katrina - I hope your not going to crazy

Zult - You have been in my thoughts lately and I just want to give you a big .

BronwynCj - When you take DHEA, do you get an extremely oily face in the morning?

AFM.... wishing time would fly past extremly fast . Can't wait to get sniffing .... still waiting for AF (should of come a week ago )

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amandamoo For This Useful Post:

Katrina2008  (03-02-2012),LillyPonds  (03-02-2012)