Closed Thread
Page 33 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I've been a bt down lately, and have been having a BH break. However, finally have some news that gives a glimmer of hope again.

Just before Xmas, was scanned on Day 8 of a natural cycle, and no follicle was seen. This was the last day before FS went on holiday. I was pretty depressed on Xmas day and in the lead up to my 40th birthday. Then on New Years Eve I had some spotting and next day my temp went up, so maybe I did ovulate in the end. However I got AF 1 week later so if I did ovulate the luteal phase was too short. At least AF was normal this time, not like the previous anovulatory cycle where it was very light.

I have now had a 3 cycle break since the last IVF. This cycle I started taking Clomid. This is because the new FS wants to try gentle stims to try to "gently tease" the old eggs out. Was scanned last Monday (Day 10) and no follicles, lining 4mm. Day 1 bloods this time were FSH=15, LH=3 and E2=70. FS asked me to take another lot of Clomid and see him on Friday (Day 14). On Friday, there were two follicles, one on each ovary! They were 14mm and 11mm, and lining was 6mm. Another scan yesterday showed both follicles had grown to 18mm (smaller one caught up) and lining was 10mm.

We won't be able to do egg pick up this time - FS was just back from holiday and nothing was organised - I think the follicles got him by surprise as well. FS estimates I will ovulate today or tomorrow. So at the moment we are DTD twice a day and hoping we'll get lucky.

Have an appointment with the famous Wazza on Feb 14 for another opinion. I am a bit nervous and am expecting him to say I have a 1% chance and have him go on about donor eggs. DH and I already feel like $hit as it is. Will see what the Wazza recommends, and maybe do a crazy protocol with him at some stage. At the moment I feel inclined to stay with the current FS for at least another cycle to see if his idea with the gentle stims gets any eggs.

Sorry about the lack of personals - but wish everybody all the best. DH wants me to stick away from BH to obsess less. However I will lurk occasionally to check on everyone and post if I get any good news.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for their stories re: tube for EPU - I was in a little panic as the anethesist made me feel as though I was the only one that had to have it and next time i needed to think about being awake! So thank you zult, Frosty, Billiesmum and Bron...hope I didn't miss anyone.

FS called today to say 14 of the 15 were good eggs and 9 of the 14 fertilised...am really hoping these guys can survive the night so we can freeze some. ET tmrw Does anyone know if they take the embryos to blastie for freezing or if they freeze after ET? Also, any info on QFG rating system - he said that I wouldnt find out quality until just before ET.

Marnz - All the best for a BFP tmrw!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Katrina2008 For This Useful Post:

Marnz  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Katrina2008 - I had my last epu and ET with qfg in November. I also had a 2day transfer, we had 9 fertilised and 5 were good by that day. We transferred 2 back. One was a four cell and one was a two cell. The four cell was a grade 4 as it was growing faster and the two cell was a grade 3 embryo as it was a little slower. They rate them on a scale of 1-5. 1 being no good and 5 being the best embryos ever lol I was told they basically never give out a grade of 5. So 4 means they are fantastic, grade 3 is still really good. They wouldn't freeze a grade 1 or 2. I hope that makes sense and helps a bit. As for my remaining 3 embryos they grew them out til the end of that day and froze them as day 2 embryos they did not grow them to blasts they were between a grade 3 and 4.
    I am now 11 weeks pregnant from that transfer with one bubsicle so grade 4 is an excellent sign I'd say. Hopefully my 3 frozens will be good for bub number two one day
    Good luck with your ET I hope it goes great and you have some fantastic results

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HamptonK For This Useful Post:

Katrina2008  (25-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Katrina - They grew my frosties to day 5 and I had 4x B grade embies. But that was before they changed there grading system.

Yay to your fert rates. They are exactly the same as mine were way back when lol. Good luck for ET. FX for some in the freezer.

Chook - Hopefully you won't need that appointment with Wazza.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LillyPonds For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big fat Pregnant. Girls I couldn't have done it without your encouraging words.

I am not sure what the levels of 341 means.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Marnz congratulations that's fantastic

Katrina how did you go today?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HamptonK For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Marnz - That is fantastic news!!!!! Totally worth the 2 week wait!

HamptonK - thanks for your info on embryo quality - I knew exactly what they were talking about today Transfer went off without a hitch a grade 4 embryo! We got 8 frozen - 5 Grade 4 and 3 Grade 3! We are over the moon with this result...DH is actually very excited today...I think because it was his first actual procedure for the IVF where he was there to see what was going on etc. and became very real. I can't believe all of this happened in just over 2 weeks - it feels so quick! The next 2 weeks will drag!!

Chook11 - Good luck with your appointment with the infamous Wazza, all the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Katrina I'm glad it went so well for you and that's a great result with 8 frozen. Fingers crossed for your 2ww

13. The Following User Says Thank You to HamptonK For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Ladies

Congratulations Marnz .

15. The Following User Says Thank You to LillyPonds For This Useful Post:

Marnz  (26-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Marnz - congrats - that is awesome news.

Katrina - hoping the tww flies for you.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BronwynCJ For This Useful Post:

Katrina2008  (27-01-2012)